• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does 8800 GTS have HDMI output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nero1943

Registered
I am in Taiwan but I don't see them with HDMI. I just bought a 40" bravia. I want to hook it up!

Your going to have to get a DVI--> hdmi converter. I Would link you to monoprice but i got no idea if they ship international.

dvi to hdmi converter would be ur best bet... i have one and dvi/hdmi is definetly the way to go when hooking to an hdtv... check it out click the "52 inches of crysis" link in my sig.

Ehh, if the TV has dsub in, just use a VGA cable. I do, and it looks great, even with a 25' cable.

Last edited:
come on guys, ship it internationally? all the stuff you guys have are 80% made in Taiwan. But most of the manufacture moved the China. Okay I'll get DVI out to HDMI.

Afaik dvi IS hdmi with one or two minor differences, which is why a simple plug adapter works.

Ehh, if the TV has dsub in, just use a VGA cable. I do, and it looks great, even with a 25' cable.

This doesn't always work well. Sometimes it's hard to get the pixels to match up 1:1. This can make text look blurry. Also, some TV's only support more familiar PC resolutions through the VGA input, so you end up w/ a 1024x768 image stretched to fit. Some TV's won't allow you to send 1080p over the VGA either...HDCP crap.

I always try to stay in the digital domain if at all possible. +1 for DVI-HDMI.

This doesn't always work well. Sometimes it's hard to get the pixels to match up 1:1. This can make text look blurry. Also, some TV's only support more familiar PC resolutions through the VGA input, so you end up w/ a 1024x768 image stretched to fit. Some TV's won't allow you to send 1080p over the VGA either...HDCP crap.

I always try to stay in the digital domain if at all possible. +1 for DVI-HDMI.

QFT.... if your hdtv accepts HDMI a computer hooked via a dvi to hdmi will look 100x better than hooked to a vga cable.

I have a sony 40" W series. It has full HD and 3 HDMI inputs. So should I just get 8800 GTS with DVI? of course get it with the converter

The RADEON HD series of cards support HDMI out of the box.

Little bit of fanboyism there, eh?

Just about every modern card supports 'HDMI' via a DVI->HDMI adapter. As far as cards with an actual HDMI port on them, the best ones I can find are actually Geforce 8600GTS's. ATI has a big, bad, x1650 with one, but who cares?

The signal is the same thing. DVI with HDCP is the same darn thing as HDMI, just without the audio. If you check newegg for HDMI video cards, you'll notice that most of the results don't have a HDMI port - they say 'via adapter.'

So to sum it up, 'The Geforce 8-series support HDMI out of the box.'

Hell, just about any video card that supports HDCP over DVI supports HDMI.

Back