• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*jj

Hey all, I was wondering what I do you think I would have to bring my e6600 up to in order to break 15K with the single video card. I can't speed the card up any more and have it be stable, but I might be able to squeeze out a little more from the CPU if I know what to shoot for. Currently I am at a FSB of 455 with a multiplier of 8 so the CPU is at 3.64G with 1.48v showing in CPU-Z. Memory is at 910mhz running 4-4-4-12 @1T. The memory is kind of in a sweet spot as far as overall speed/bandwidth/latency is concerned, and the current speeds and timings give me the best Sandra performance, but should I change them for a 3DMark run? I would think best is best, but they are rated at 1066mhz 5-5-5-15 @2T, so I could loosen them up. Or what do I need to try and get my CPU up to on order to crack that 15k mark. Does anyone have roughly the same video card scores in 3DMark (SM 2.0, SM 3.0), where they can tell me the CPU scores needed? I'm close @ 14,888 so I only need another 120 points or so. Maybe a better driver set to use? I don't know, help me I'm grasping here...lol!

If you could hit 3.8, I think that would pretty much guarantee it ;)

Memory timings don't play as large of a role...atleast that is what I have found.

Only thing I can say for sure is 4.6Ghz 729/1198 gave me 15.1K

Your Ultra is clocked higher than mine was, so that will help.
But your still going to need to hit at least 4Ghz
@ 4.6 my cpu score was 4126, next to your 3.6 3336

Edit: hehe lets hope thideras wins this one :)

Only thing I can say for sure is 4.6Ghz 729/1198 gave me 15.1K ____@ 4.6 my cpu score was 4126, next to your 3.6 3336
Hmmm, no way with just water I can get this chip go to 4Ghz...lol. What CPU were you referring to that you did that 4.6ghz on, a dual core right?

not sure if you want to void your warranty but you could always volt mod :) there should be a simple pencil mod around somewhere for your card. you would just colour over a resistor and boost the voltage enough to hit 15k then you can just remove the pencil mark with some rubbing alcohol.

sorry to side track the thread a bit but does anyone think i can hit 10k with a quad core and my volt modded 8600GT? here is my 3dmark score and what i got;
3DMark Score 6211 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 3035 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 2819 Marks
CPU Score 1338 Marks

not sure if you want to void your warranty but you could always volt mod :) there should be a simple pencil mod around somewhere for your card.
Sorry but it already has a Vcore, and Vmem volt mod, pencil wont do anything. I've only seen one other Ultra with my speeds on non-refrigerant type cooling. It's certainly not my card holding me back.

not sure if you want to go through the hassle of this but get a bucket of water with ice and either dump the rad in or just run tubing to it and get higher clocks on the video card (unless you maxed the voltages) raise the cpu to 4+GHz and i would loosen the timing for a higher speed.

run your rad in the freezer for a 3dmark run and put it back after is another thought.

LOL...man that's extreme. Wouldn't I have to worry about condensation with the bucket of ice water...hehe. With today's prices and availability I'd rather fry the CPU than the card.

ya thats one thing that would have to be worked out, i would start with a bucket ( maybe 2 gallons of water or so) and a tray of ice cubes (10-12) and see what happens with that. if you did try it and are worried about it you could always wrap the blocks with paper towel, i doubt you would get any condensation on the tubes, just bare copper/metal.

if you want to wait 2 months i will tell you once i get the cash for a setup :)

Im at 14,400 something don't be bringing up 15K damn it.....I'll never get to bed, already 7am but Im giving up for the night. Sleep.....

I just built a P35-DS3R with a e4500 (oc'd to 2.8ghz) and a XFX 8800GT 256mb (not oc'd) and I got 15743 on 3dMark05.

Back