• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeFroce 9800 GX2 Pics and Specs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hope they pick out a REAL 9800GT/GTX...

darn refresh with dual pcb. LOL

The problem with this thing... it will saturated pci-e 2.0 and use enormous amounts of power.

I'd like to see someone use 'quad sli' and check the power draw. You'll REALLY need a 1200watt psu.

interesting.....

makes me think its a G92 with 128sp's per gpu and 512mb/256bit buss.

i hope they pick out a REAL 9800GT/GTX...

darn refresh with dual pcb. LOL

The problem with this thing... it will saturated pci-e 2.0 and use enormous amounts of power.

I'd like to see someone use 'quad sli' and check the power draw. You'll REALLY need a 1200watt psu.

no way will it even come close to saturating a 16x physical pcie 2.0 slot... a 8800gts 640mb is only 10% bottlenecked by a 4x pcie 1.0 slot a 8800ultra is say 33% faster so it wouldnt be bottlenecked by an 8x pcie 1.0 and 30% more of the ultra, it wouldnt even come close to the "half the bandwidth" pcie 1.0 16x slot.

I really hope that 9800gx2 is a joke cus you could get better results sli'ing 2 8800gt's

I really hope that 9800gx2 is a joke cus you could get better results sli'ing 2 8800gt's

ask your self this... would you get better results withSLI'd 8800GT's, if in fact what they are using for the 9800GX2 is 2 8800GT's in the first place?

its a g92 with 128 sp's
basicly 2 of the gts 512's

if I remember correctly the 7950xg2 was 2x7950 512's... and it outperformed them in sli. To bad nvidia forgot about the card hahaha.

If this card would work nice in a x38 and game like my sig rig, i will be sportin wood.

Meh. I'm sad NV is copping out on the highend for this refresh by effectively SLI'ing two GTs 512MB cards. That means the full-SP g92 is the highest end single GPU for the next year? They must be pushing it purely for profit rather than making a true high-end GPU. Then again GPU tech is supposedly moving toward tightly-integrated multiple chips without the quirks of SLI and Crossfire. But we're not quite there yet.

no way will it even come close to saturating a 16x physical pcie 2.0 slot... a 8800gts 640mb is only 10% bottlenecked by a 4x pcie 1.0 slot a 8800ultra is say 33% faster so it wouldnt be bottlenecked by an 8x pcie 1.0 and 30% more of the ultra, it wouldnt even come close to the "half the bandwidth" pcie 1.0 16x slot.

i think he is talking about the new higher power draw NOT bandwidth.

pci2 supplies upto 175w *i think* - i could see a dual card solution drawing that much power for sure... - it's still got a 8pin and a 6 pin connection onboard too, if i remember that right.

Heh, so much for a step-up in Feb. Like nd4spd said, it would probably be better to get(stepup) to GTSs.

Maybe if this GX2 flops as bad as the 7XXX GX2 did, NV will get the point.

Or this could be because companies are starting to think we have been very gracious with our spendings on their products over the last year and this is their new marketing strategy tailored toward us, the customers, keeping our hard earned cash where it belongs...in our wallets. :beer:

~cheers

well, this looks interesting to me because i like the idea of SLI'd 8800GT performance without having to use my lame 680i chipset. better OC, cooler, ICH9R and not give up any vga performance :soda: what's not to like?

Back