• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Fresh" Install Problems: Works Until Next Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imprez55

Registered
To start off this could all be a result of me trying to wipe my hdd. I started off a new computer with 2 320gb segate sata drives in raid1. One failed shortly after my computer was up and running so I took it out and sent it in to get replaced. While it was gone I decided to wipe the other so I could repartition it. Well, it wouldn't wipe properly, so i ended up just wiping the first 63 sectors, the boot sector.

Now onto my problem now. I have my re-certified hdd back now and am trying to install xp. When I try to push F8 to load the raid drivers, nothing happens. I have tried keyboards with f-lock and without, three different cd's of xp, and still nothing happens. I finally got fed up and said f it and continued without that. Well once everything is loaded and the installation tries to start xp says it cannon recognize my hdd. I load the raid drivers then and continue. Everything seems ok and my computer loads. I have it running for one day transferring files. I then try to install something and then restart and everytime it locks up on the xp splash about 3-5 sec in. I tried doing my wrong method a few more times but it just keeps happening. I need help, I have no idea what I did and need my computer up and running already, it has been down for too long already.

system specs not in sig:
e6750 is oc'd to 3.6 ghz
corsair 620hx psu
40gb ide drive attatched temporarily to transfer files (have tried with and without)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

system specs not in sig:
e6750 is oc'd to 3.6 ghz
corsair 620hx psu
40gb ide drive attatched temporarily to transfer files (have tried with and without)

P5K premium or deluxe? What kind of ram? What voltage on the ram?
What voltage on the e6750?

The P5K premium has some troubles with a SATA and RAID combo. Do a search on that topic and you will find a pile of info about what to do. Have you updated your BIOS to the latest edition? It might fix everthing.

For sure I would load the BIOS default values until you get the HD problem sorted out and kill the OC. OCing can cause HD as well, so why add another variable into the equation.

Back