• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can apple go any lower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

buying leopard for my mac book and being on a primarily windows network, i noticed something, when you go to the network and get info on a "pc server" the icon it uses is this..

leopardbsodicon.jpg

Is it just me, or is that a dam close mock of a BSOD ?

i am not sure if it shows this same icon for other max based system or other *nix based ones, but if anyone else has leopard and could try out, would be nice to know to see if Apple is going to a new low on such a childish level.

Yes, it is intentional, and yeah, a bit childish.
There was a thread here discussing this not long ago.

Apple has something the PC world doesn't, a sense of humour. I guess they can afford to though seeing how there product isn't so bug laden and subceptable to virii.

Apple has something the PC world doesn't, a sense of humour. I guess they can afford to though seeing how there product isn't so bug laden and subceptable to virii.

yes, thats true, however their product is also very proprietary and they dont like sharing info to devs. That is why there are not nearly as many games for the mac as Pc.

I think the reason why there are not many viruses and whatnot on mac's are because most hackers rather have fun with windows because there are way more windows computers than macs...so of course they go for windows instead..i bet when there are as many as windows..or even more...mac will be just like windows. Mac is a very simple OS...it is not compatible with so much stuff that windows is...and many other reasons...it is bug free cause its so simple...

I think the reason why there are not many viruses and whatnot on mac's are because most hackers rather have fun with windows because there are way more windows computers than macs...so of course they go for windows instead..i bet when there are as many as windows..or even more...mac will be just like windows. Mac is a very simple OS...it is not compatible with so much stuff that windows is...and many other reasons...it is bug free cause its so simple...

So Windows does all sorts of miraculous and complex things OSX doesn't?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... Windows is bloated because of its' structure and the way their driver system works.

OSX isn't subsceptable to this because it's simple, that's the most couterlogical argument I've ever heard. It is because they employ a security structure similar to Linux and Unix which doesn't let programs go in and make changes or install stuff all willy nilly. In Microsofts defense, after 20 years they've finally caught onto this in Vista, but Vista has other problems.

He nailed it.

Why infect 10 macs when you can infect 1,000,000 Windows computers?

I don't see the picture as a joke (meaning they are "chummy" with Microsoft). They are mocking it. I think I'll have fun if I ever have Macs on my network :rolleyes:

So Windows does all sorts of miraculous and complex things OSX doesn't?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... Windows is bloated because of its' structure and the way their driver system works.

Windows supports wayyyy more hardware and software than Mac does. Can you build a custom desktop mac?..no..why?..cause it doesnt support any third party hardware!...is that going to change?...probably not cause apple wants mac to be as simple as can be. I think mac is just good for people who are simple and not like us who like to build our own computers :) As far as the driver system...i dont know how well you could say the windows system is as im sure it could be better but mac has a tiny drive system which can be simple...windows on the other hand can support alot of a dang hardware lol

On another note..a interview with gates at CES this year was about whats the difference between microsoft and apple..what you think?...he said that Apple is simple, how many things do they work on software wise?..OS, itunes, quicktime?..not too much else...they get time to get all nitpicky with debugging the OS, while microsoft has a whole bunch of other things to do such as windows server or visual studio, etc..and i think he also said apple only does things that they know will succedd, microsoft goes more outbone to try new things that no one has done before..i guess you could say microsoft is more outgoing than apple.

As you can see..i hate apple...i dont usually argue this much LOL :beer:

:beer:*toasts to thiddy*:beer:

Last edited:
He nailed it.

Why infect 10 macs when you can infect 1,000,000 Windows computers?

I don't see the picture as a joke (meaning they are "chummy" with Microsoft). They are mocking it. I think I'll have fun if I ever have Macs on my network :rolleyes:

Obviously Microsoft doesn't care. I haven't seen any article from anyone at MSFT angry about Apple doing this. Only that Anil Dash guy made a big deal of it, calling Apple "smug". And obviously Apple doesn't care about him because he was griping about it long before Leopard was even released.

I have yet to see an argument that is anything but weak. You hate Apple is the core (pun intended) of your argument. I find the argument that we're so diverse that our products are bound to have tons of bugs vs they don't have a ton of products so they can get theirs right argument completely hilarious.

As far as your weak weak weak driver argument goes, OSX actually has more drivers built in than Windows. When I get a new device, I open it up and throw away the WINDOWS driver disc and plug it in then it just works. When I get a new device for the PC I have to install the drivers!!!!

One last one "Apple only dies things they know will succede" sounds like they have a good development team and QA to me :D

I'm still laughing at

Obviously Microsoft doesn't care. I haven't seen any article from anyone at MSFT angry about Apple doing this. Only that Anil Dash guy made a big deal of it, calling Apple "smug". And obviously Apple doesn't care about him because he was griping about it long before Leopard was even released.

Of course they don't care. They have such a lock on the business world that every time they put or a new product our OS, they say "Come to us, we are your shepherd" to which they reply "baaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

One last one "Apple only dies things they know will succede" sounds like they have a good development team and QA to me :D

If that was true, for example...when bill gates was working on windows..did he know it would succeed?..most likely not..he did not know...if your statement was true for everyone...we might not be here right now!..doing what your saying is not the best idea....you have to be daring and outgoing to succeed in the future..

lol @ misfit and spelling..

I think mac is just good for people who are simple and not like us who like to build our own computers :)

I'm sorry, but did you just slam Apple users as being "simple"? That's sure how it came off to me. :-/

You can say OSX has very few bugs, but from where I am standing, you'd be wrong. I've worked with 10.5 and all I can see is bugs. It is the vista of the OSX world, and barely any of them have been addressed.

The firewall is absolutely, easily avoidable, crashes are abundant on products that were 100% stable on 10.4, sound issues with some macs (should be easy to get it to work since they know the hardware), choppy performance on a decently fast system with plenty of memory, etc.

IMO, 10.5 is one of the WORST things I've ever seen Apple do. Whether its because they're cocky, or stupid, or both, they're going the way of Microsoft by not fixing any of these things.

I saw this picture and had to laugh. If you're that cocky, with the worst product you made this century, then you're blind. Leopard is no better than Vista right now.

talking about vista...i had a huge laugh with this :D..even bill agrees about vista :D...a comment shows would jobs have the balls to say that in a interview?...http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks(ive watched it more than once..its just funny how calm he is saying that :p..he even laughs hah!)

And about simple users using apple..forget that i did not mean it in that way...its kinda hard to explain in words...i just see it as apple is simpler than windows

Back