• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Early 45nm dual core ocing, retail OEM's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm, both of them are getting relatively low clocks and one of them is complaining of how hot it runs. I might wait now and see how a couple of OC forums members do before I jump on this one. :shrug:

Perhaps it'd be safer to wait for the next stepping revision?? Or the E8500 is handpicked over the lower ones, and not only the multiplier is different - seem like most people with stable >4 GHz E8x00s have an E8500.

Hmmm, I guess those that opted for the E6750s and Q6600 GOs didn't do so bad after all!

I wouldn't jump to conclusions until we get corroberative evidence. Intel may have just sent some binned duds to Russia to get rid of them. No offence, but testing them "under water" with a modded ps and load line calibration issues? Let's reserve our judgement until more results come in.

Yea that

one of the retailers here in nz have gotten there E8200 4Ghz

- Got an E8200 running on an IP35 Pro @ 500x8 (1.3275v) [stock QX9650 hsf]

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e82004ghzsinglecardbg6.jpg

Originally Posted by Kain665 View Post
OP: Notice the stepping on that first chip is SLAPP... hm...
Hmmmm.. I have SLAPL

As a general rule of thumb, never buy the first stepping of a new process if you're wanting to overclock.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172882
looks focused on yeild vs speed in the making of the die's. 3.8ghz not far from 4ghz but yet just like the conroes later cpus oced better.

i might wait on snaggin one.. still not sure...

Thats definetly true to an extent i mean the new G0 stepping with the E6X50's definetly made a better oc. But the original E6600's clocked a good 200-300mhz higher on average than the later E6600's.

Thats definetly true to an extent i mean the new G0 stepping with the E6X50's definetly made a better oc. But the original E6600's clocked a good 200-300mhz higher on average than the later E6600's.

with the best ocers being the week 39-40's...

yall can wait for a stepping change but i dought that is going to come soon. if anything later cpus will or be better ocers then the early ones. if that winds up happening then just like with the others the Best ocers will only be made for a very short period of time.

I'm one of those getting the E8400 the week it comes out. If it turns out to be a ****-poor overclocker, I've never had a problem getting rid of a week-old CPU on eBay :D

Edit1: the forums censor another word for pee? and no its not the one that starts with "s".

Last edited:
I browsed through XS forums and it looks like E8500 is a safe bet. Its same as when G0 duals came out, at first many had bad luck with E6750 but E6850s did well.

I still have hope after reading that one post in particular: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2695948&postcount=70

Still, I myself am not an "xtreme" over-clocker, I've never been, and I'm not looking for a 4.0Ghz+ stable E8400 either. If I can get one at all (and I will) I'll be happy to have that to replace my aging X2 4400+. I'll start by using it at its default speed of 3.0Ghz and be content with that. And then later on I will try over-clocking it to maybe 3.6Ghz or 3.8Ghz, but if I get any stability/temperature issues I'll just leave it at default, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks Evilsizer!

An interesting read. Would be nice to have a larger population sample. If they'll do 3.8~3.9 on air color my pink with envy!

If your only going for 3.0ghz or maxing at 3.8-3.9ghz then just grab an E6750 and put more $ into your GPU or pocket! The biggest excitement about the new 45mm chips is their OCability. Now even that is in question...but let's wait and see.

If your only going for 3.0ghz or maxing at 3.8-3.9ghz then just grab an E6750 and put more $ into your GPU or pocket! The biggest excitement about the new 45mm chips is their OCability. Now even that is in question...but let's wait and see.
Or their lower power consumption/heat draw. Or their (now seeming to only be possaibe) ability to OC higher at stock vcore.

i bet cause not good chipset drivers are out yet.

once mobo's have good chipset drivers and bios i bet they will overclock better

Back