• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

its gotta be really cheap D9s. 1066 and 800Mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1) conflicting cas ratings...
2) 2gig dimms with D9 ic's are D9HNL's which only run DDR2-900 5-5-5-xx @1.9v max.
3)generic pics of the ram.

leads me to think he is tring to pull a fast one...

did these end up being micron d9's?

I have not bought them.

1) conflicting cas ratings...
2) 2gig dimms with D9 ic's are D9HNL's which only run DDR2-900 5-5-5-xx @1.9v max.
3)generic pics of the ram.

leads me to think he is tring to pull a fast one...

well it says that they have been tested to run at that speed. maybe when i get a few more buck together i will buy the pc6400 and give it a run.

i didnt see the CAS Latency 6 before on the 800Mhz stuff. BUT the test voltage is 1.8-1.9 and runs 6-6-6-6-12. even if you go on crucials web page they say that their stuff runs at 1.8-1.9. if thats the case then the TOP END stuff they sell is way over volted and thats why so many D9s are pooping out.

but it still leaves the 1066 stuff running at 5-5-5-5-15 @2.2 volt. thats what D9s run at right?

no, no 2gig dimm will have high speed micron D9GMH/?GHK?, cause they are not high density ic's like the D9HNL's. simply put the fastest D9 ic for a 2gig dimm is specced for ddr2-667 at 1.8v with those cas 5 timings. i have a 1gig dimm(single sided) with D9HNL, meaning its a 2gig pcb just half the IC's. the fastest it will clock to no matter what voltage is ddr2-900 at cas5 with 1.9v. anything higher the 1.9volts resulted in a no boot on rig#1 in my sig.

let me find that thread i did...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=510513

Back