• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pusing the 4000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice OC.

Is it stable?

onward and upward with it post up some benchmarks....

I was only able to get my 4000+ to 2.79 stable. I could bench at 2.89, but it would not last on prime95.

I was only able to get my 4000+ to 2.79 stable. I could bench at 2.89, but it would not last on prime95.

Correct and in most cases this is how it works. Your benchable speeds are always alittle higher as you can always get into windows at a higher clock speed then what is totally stable.

yeah that sucks backing down little by little now to see what happens, whats the max voltage for mem, and cpu anyone know?

Varies from chip to chip and type of cooling. 2.79Ghz is respectable even with stock cooling. Providing of course your temps stay nominal (around 40-ish loaded). Also I think 2.1v is max on the DDR2. You check this guy out?

got it stable and high
3ghz.bmp

A little advice that will help us all. Please use JPG or other compressed internet image formats. BMP is not a standard and hogs bandwidth like a Microsoft program.

A little advice that will help us all. Please use JPG or other compressed internet image formats. BMP is not a standard and hogs bandwidth like a Microsoft program.

<chuckles> <3 ****ty microsoft ruining things.. (ex: Gears of War: PC version.... that couldve been so much better multiplayer style... but no... must caress an xBox360 cause its our BAAAAAABY....)

anywho, awesome OC on that 3ghz 4000+ :beer:

Thats a pretty nasty OC.. did you do it traditional-style.. upping the fsb in increments and testing?
And btw.. you ARE running tests on both cores, yes?

Back