• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to add another monitor to laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Alright is there a way I can set up one of my monitors to go through my laptop like dual screen or just make it so all I can see is out of the monitor Im connecting. I tried connecting my 22inch LCD to the monitor spot on my laptop but nothing happends. Is there something else I must do to make it work?

Right-click on the desktop, go to properties then to settings. Click the screen with a '2' in it and check the box in the lower left that says to extend the desktop into this monitor. Then drag and drop the two displays around until it matches the way you have them placed on your desk.

Usually, there is a shortcut on the keyboard (i.e. FN + F8 on my dell) that will activate the external display. Then right-click your desktop and select properties>settings and choose the option "Extend my windows desktop." (if it just mimics your current display uncheck it...I can't remember which one lol)

Edit: ben beat me to it...haha

ahhh Im so dumb. I forgot to restart the computer after I connected it. Works now, ahhh 22inches owns 17inches damn straight. Thanks for the quick replys though.

Back