• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'in tualtin p3 1.2 or celeron 1.2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MilkPowder-2 said:
Tualeron 1.2 will oc higher.

This kinda depends on the mobo though. I know the 1.2GHz PIII hit 1650MHz on the bd133u @ I think 1.75v.

I consider the Tualatin Celeron a better buy than the Tualatin P3....Especially when you consider the only difference is the FSB speed, and the origional P3's ran a 100 mhz FSB anyway!

And, generally, the Celeron overclocks better....

Flu!d said:
I consider the Tualatin Celeron a better buy than the Tualatin P3....Especially when you consider the only difference is the FSB speed, and the origional P3's ran a 100 mhz FSB anyway!

And, generally, the Celeron overclocks better....

Well I used to run my old PIII .13u at 167fsb and a vcore of 1.6v which is very good. Gave a speed of 1500MHz which was a tank. I know on a board such as the GA60XET with 1/5 dividers it would have ran even better with a little more juice. I never gave it much more than 1.6v cause I though the chip itself couldn;t handle it but indeed they can. For price vs. performence the celery .13u 1GHz would be hard to beat even the .13u 1.1GHz and .13u 1.2GHz are good too.

ok the celeron 1.2 it is. Now will i need anything moe than the stock h/fand some artic silver?? Also If I raise he fsb to 112, will I need to change the voltage?? and where could I do that on an asus tusl2-c board?? I think IM slowly gonna go up to 133fsb, then stop. which would leave me at... 1600 i think.

arf325 said:
ok the celeron 1.2 it is. Now will i need anything moe than the stock h/fand some artic silver??

Yah

Also If I raise he fsb to 112, will I need to change the voltage??

Nah

and where could I do that on an asus tusl2-c board?? I think IM slowly gonna go up to 133fsb, then stop. which would leave me at... 1600 i think.
Go to the BIOS n find the FSB frequency setting.
Good idea about yur plan. :burn:

arf325 said:
ok the celeron 1.2 it is. Now will i need anything moe than the stock h/fand some artic silver?? Also If I raise he fsb to 112, will I need to change the voltage?? and where could I do that on an asus tusl2-c board?? I think IM slowly gonna go up to 133fsb, then stop. which would leave me at... 1600 i think.

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK,

do not get the tusl2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a search as to why not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want 1/4 dividers for that chip under 133fsb. You will not get them with the tusl2.

Second it dislikes any PCI bus above usually 38~40MHz

Once agin the ABIT ST6 or the Gigabyte GA60XET-C will be your best bets! They allow this! The nice thing about the GB board is it allows vcores to 1.825v and also 1/5 dividers if you have a chip that will do 167fsb. The ST6 with the wire trick will allow vcores to 1.8v which is more than enough usually.

hmmm tat sound above me, I already have the board(asus tusl2-c), cause I got it for 30 bucks off an auction at a local pc store, I thought it would be good for a little overclocking. So could the celeron go to 133fsb?? Cause I really dont wanna spend even more cash to make this system.

Yes...it will...go to the cpu database and check it out. The the chip and Tusl2-c will to 133 but you will have to up the voltage. Ol' Man is right about the board tho', I know cause I have one and am purchasing a GA-60XET to get a better shot at the higher numbers. But there have been quite a few successful OC's with
that Asus board...good cooling and and more voltage seems to be
the key.....good luck!

yorr sig below, thats all I really care about, just getting the jist of [email protected] is fine for me. My amd one, I really didnt do, cause the store, even though i didnt ask, they unlocked the multipliers. IM just gonna try o 112fsb, without raising the voltage first off.

Back