• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on EVGA E-7150/630i GPU Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skizzik

Registered
Hey guys.

I was looking into motherboards with onboard GPU and ran into this:

http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/112-CK-NF77-A1.pdf

It's got integrated HDMI with HDCP support. Has anyone had any experience with this in an HTPC? What are its limits or disadvantages for a dedicated HTPC compared to a regular motherboard and a decent (HD2600Pro?) video card with HDMI+HDCP support?

Thanks in advance.

There is no hardware accleration, so you'll need a hefty CPU for it if you're planning on playing any HD content. Also, the 630i chipset doesn't support dual channel memory configuration. This may not affect it as an HTPC, but mine is certainly slow (I have one as my secondary encoder). I have the ECS version of the 630i with onboard 7100 video. Absolutely no overclocking with this board, but I don't know about the EVGA.

If you're getting a really good price on it, then it may be worth it. You can always add a card that supports hardware acceleration later and I don't think the dual channel memory is really going to play much of a part for a dedicated HTPC.

There is no hardware accleration, so you'll need a hefty CPU for it if you're planning on playing any HD content. Also, the 630i chipset doesn't support dual channel memory configuration. This may not affect it as an HTPC, but mine is certainly slow (I have one as my secondary encoder). I have the ECS version of the 630i with onboard 7100 video. Absolutely no overclocking with this board, but I don't know about the EVGA.

If you're getting a really good price on it, then it may be worth it. You can always add a card that supports hardware acceleration later and I don't think the dual channel memory is really going to play much of a part for a dedicated HTPC.

Oh...it's an okay deal ($91 CDN), but if I have to put more money into the CPU now, I guess that defeats the purpose.

Back