• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I send files from one pc to another?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

I have 2 computer connected to a router which is connected to the internet modem. I dont think there's a network nor do I know how to create one. I need to send a few large files from one pc to another. How do I go about doing this? :confused:
can someone give me detailed instructions, everything i've googled has been completly confusing, and previous advice has been too vague: "Setup a network, create a shared drive, its easy!"

it really is easy:
make sure both pc's are on same workgroup (right click my computer, properties, computer name, change..., workgroup) do both pcs this way

right click on a folder or a drive, goto sharing and security,
'if you understand the risk blah blah blah click here' <-click it
tick the box to share this folder on the network

next, from the pc you want to copy to, open my network places, view workgroup computers, and both pcs should show up. if they dont, rinse and repeat

it really is easy:
make sure both pc's are on same workgroup (right click my computer, properties, computer name, change..., workgroup) do both pcs this way

right click on a folder or a drive, goto sharing and security,
'if you understand the risk blah blah blah click here' <-click it
tick the box to share this folder on the network

next, from the pc you want to copy to, open my network places, view workgroup computers, and both pcs should show up. if they dont, rinse and repeat
I think I love you. That was incredibly easy, it worked, thanks so much. Dont know why everyone else made me do rocket science...

One tiny problem though, on one of my computers, computer A, I can share files and view them from the other PCs, but I can't view the shared files located on Computer B and C. In other words, from that one computer I don't see folders being shared from the other 2 pcs in My Network Places

Back