• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 8800GTS (G92) $289.99 / $259.99 after MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Might want to add the cost of shipping in your description.

Not a bad price, I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of these G92's. I just have a rule that I never pay more than $250 for a new video card. So as soon as I can get one for $250 or less after MIR, I'll be jumping on one.

Just ordered one last night. Gonna do some benching on my SLI with 2 7900 GTOs so I can compare when it gets here.

What's the best "full features available" free 3D benching software available?

/cry
I wish that was their step-up price...

Instead the MSRP is $359!!! And I dont want to pay a $60 premium for the step-up. So I went with the GT instead. Looking for some aftermarket cooling solutions. :)

I ordered the eVGA card from newegg Sat night for $304.99 with free shipping. Saw the $15 price drop, talked with a rep today and got a $15 credit :D

Got mine on Thursday and finally installed today.

Using the FUR benchmark software, I went from a score of 1011 03Marks (1900x1200) with 2-7900 GTO's running in SLI to 1921 with the single 8800GTS. Free version 3DMark06 went from 9403 to 10501.

Going to wait on doing the Vista install till another day when I have the time to waste so I can get some DX10 action going.

Last edited:
they don't typically do that, so you got lucky!!

What the heck is that? 1st time I've heard of that... curiously interested...

Try it out, is stresses your GPU to 99.99%, similiar to Ati Tool's hairy cube....I call it the "furry donut".

You can also run some benchmarks on various resolutions and with AA etc

they don't typically do that, so you got lucky!!

They will if the item hasn't been delivered yet, I've done it a few times. It may depend upon the particular rep and your Newegg purchase history as well though. Sometimes you can get them to do it on the day of delivery too.

Back