• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New console from Microsoft already? I call BS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, I doubt that the Xbox 360 would be replaced so soon, but I would believe that they are starting to brainstorm on their next gen console. It probably takes three or so years from concept to production, so that would put MS on track for releasing a new console in about 3-5 years which is about right.

Why does it sound so insane to you? Doesnt sound outwardly unrealistic to me. Even IF they were working on a x360 successor that doesnt mean it will be out this year or even next.

Lets assume they are working on it, I wouldnt expect to see it on the market for at least two years, at which time the 360 is already five years old.

So its not totally unrealistic for them to have something in the works..

You know fudge you almost sound like your in denial ;)

No, I know they're probably in the R&D phase right now, but if you read the article, they're making it sound like it's going to happen next year which is not true.

LOL Next year sure that guy has one messed up head thinking that there will be a new box by next year or even possibly by the year after that.

Not saying I wouldn't mind it but there hasn't been enough advancement in current technology for there to be a new Console so soon.

I seem to remember Microsoft saying that it wanted the 360 to have a shelf life of around five years, maybe six.

Back