• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duorb on 3870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My thread "this 3870 is ****ing awesome" also has my thoughts and opinions on the duorb but not in crossfire.

It does a great job actually, and is pretty quiet, but is almost unnecessary. The stock cooler is very effective.

If you have money to blow, it's probably one of the better solutions for cooling the 3870 and quiet. (The led's look cool too.) In all honesty though the temps were about the same as the stock cooler with 50-75% fan speed.

Thanks Houserat and Vixro... you know I read both those threads but wasn't thinking of the Duorb at the time, just the benchies. :)

Vixro, did it take up as much space as the card's stock cooler? I have my TV card under the first 3870 and my sound card under the second.

Money to burn indeed! lol. Why AM I thinking of exotic cooling solutions when the cards run sub 60c at full load overclocked? Yeah, it's a good stock cooler. Also, I suppose the Duorb does not blow the hot air out of the case like the stock cooling.

Thanks.

You're right, the duorb blows hot air into the dead zone inside of the case, which is not a good thing.

I have such good case airflow (build by massive cusomization I went overbard) that this didn't matter. Here's what you will get with the duorb:

1) LEDS
2) Cool fan design
3) 5-6c cooler temperatures compared to the stock cooler around 50-75%
4) Warmer than the stock cooler when the stock cooler is at 100%.
5) Quieter than the stock cooler.
6) Identical overclocks to the stock cooler.

Currently with a game open on 851/1197 my temp is 45c. It idles around 39-40c and goes up to around 47c at the most. So it does quite an excellent job but I did not see an increase in OC speeds and that's what we're all here for isn't it?

Back