• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changed Motherboard, now XP locks up during install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BF_TEXMASTER

I went from an Asus P5E Premium to an Asus Maximus. Had 2 raids. Since they were both created on the other Asus board, they were recognized by the system and XP started up. But, when I tried to load a new copy of XP, going through the drivers loading before you get to choose to repair or install a new version, the whole thing locked up with this code:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Tried 2 different XP pro disks (both legit) and got the same response.

Any ideas?

Specs:

QX6700@ 3.2ghz
ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X38
4 gig ram
2x 10k rpm 150GB Raptors in Raid 0
2x 500GB drives in Raid 1
BFG OC 8800 GTX 768MB
Corsair 620Watt Power supply
Dell 24' lcd

Code 7B (god, had this soooo many times) basically means "can't access boot drive". You have to install drivers via f6 ;). You will probably need the RAID drivers, even if your not using it o_O

You will have to use another computer ;)

Did the board not come with disks? All my P35 boards did...

you'll have to download the drivers via their website or the cd that came with your motherboard onto a floppy. right when the windows installation is starting press F6 and insert the floppy. pretty self-explanatory from there.

you'll have to download the drivers via their website or the cd that came with your motherboard onto a floppy. right when the windows installation is starting press F6 and insert the floppy. pretty self-explanatory from there.

I've been there to load Raid drivers but in the past, if I didn't tell it to load the drivers, it just showed no hard drives available. It didn't crash like its doing now. That is the concern I have.

Back