• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e4300 lets have sum fun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

hey guys i think the problem with my e6600 is fixed now but this is about a dif CPU.

i am keeping my e6600 stock for a few reasons 1. its fasfter stock 2. if this new one dies im not back to the "stone age" 3. i was gifted a few e4300 from a mate upgrading his business comps :)!!!!.

i was hoping you guys could reckomend a budget system that i can overclock the hell out of these CPUs with and that will help me learn a bit about the process at the same time.

it will need a case, psu, mobo, video card. and mayb ram i have 2x1gb of ddr 667 ram but ill leave that upto you guys.

im from aus melb so aus prices would be appreciated if you can.
Cheers Tim

PS - think budget! :)

Budget mobo, MSI Neo2-FR, Abit IP35-E, Gigabyte DS3L.
Stock heatsink works good enough..you can squeeze a few more mhz with more cooling, but spending 100 on a CPU and 50 on a HSF to get 200mhz more seems dumb to me.
case...anything pretty much, try for a 120mm exaust and side and front fans for intake
PSU...Not too up on em
video depends on gaming and budget...low end X1900XT/7900GT/GS, mid 3850, higher 3870 X2 or 8800GTS 512

dont quite know how he managed it but theres no heatsink/fan with the cpus so ill need one of those to forgot that.

gfx i think ill look for sumtin from xfx had good experience with them unless someone else has a strong oppion about a dif one.

case also kinda sorted

big things are the
mobo
HSF
PSU
(ram if 667 is too slow to over clock this chip)

would to push it as hard as posible at least past my stock 2.4 e6600 which should be cake

heh, check sig....
Theres a lot of HSF's out there...I'd pick a cheap one say around 30 bones.

I'm using 800mhz RAM and I leave it right at 800mhz with the 1.25 divisor I think. With 667mhz RAM you might be limited depending on the divisor of the board (I'm drawing a blank for what mines at and for some reason I can't figure out the stupid ratio which should be easy).

Honestly though with DDR2 800 being so cheap it might be worth it to just move to that. Worst case scenario use what you got and if it's limiting you buy some DDR2 800.

Back