• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! B350 Boards For Ryzen 5 1600 (ASIA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illudami

Hey its my first time posting here. Im currently in a dillema for a good motherboard with quite a future proofing. as prices differ from the USA market (currently residing in Indonesia, will move overseas)
im currently planning on a very budgeted Ryzen build, and some of the parts are from my old tower
The Specs to begin with are (not including a motherboard):
Ryzen 5 1600
Klevv 2x4GB 2400mhz DDR4 RAM
Bequite! Pure Power 10 500w Platinum(currently powering my old tower)
GTX 780 TI (gifted?(TBD)but got this from a friend for now)

what im wondering is, there are a few options of motherboards. some are M-ATX and some are ATX(preferably im going for an ATX board)
First of on this list is the ASROCK AB350 PRO 4(ATX) it goes for a quite cheap price in here at RP 1.399.000(Approximately 97.51$ USD)(yes prices are really weird and quite high here understandably so) i am skeptical in that it does not have LLC controls, i have been scouring around the forums, people are saying it is quite a good board for the price but one person has suggested that it is not recommended. i am not going to do heavy overclocking at the start(or at all)preferably until i feel that i need more fps in which case i dont play many heavy games at all (mostly CSGO/PUBG)

Next On this list is a MSI B350M Gaming Pro M-ATX. i dont quite know the advantages of this but it is quite simple with a price tag of RP 1.520.000(105.94 USD Approx) for future proofing it doesnt have many things going for it. only has 2 RAM dim slot and 1 PCIE. i dont have much further notes on this other than i hope its stable (blah RGB lighting)

Third we have the MSI B350 PC MATE ATX at a price tag of RP 1.580.000 (110.12 USD Approx)(prices are appaling) this one is a more solid one as it is ATX with 4 RAM Dimm slots and 1 main PCIE and 2 extra PCIE. for future proofing i prefer this one but i havent much to read about it, but it does have LLC controls.

And lastly we have the more weirder boards such as BIOSTAR B350 GT5 (yes the one with the 120mm RGB FAN) and Maxsun boards (maxsun boards are more cheaper than the asrock ones but i am very skeptical about this brand, plus the design is all green :screwy:. the BIOSTAR b350 GT5 i dont have much info about as there are few reviews out there if anyone can help me out here if its a good/decent board i might try and pick it up.

A few notes in hand. i wont be overclocking out of the box( if i need extra performance ) i dont play many heavy games, im used to putting the settings on low and i have only a 720P (upgrading to a 1080P BENQ soon) i spend most of my time in CSGO and or PUBG( currenly playing pubg in 30-20 fps on very low at 70% render scaling :cry:. i need a few suggestions and or inputs. ive kindly asked around other forums but they havent given me much input, i hope in here you guys could help me out!:D:D

First off, Welcome to the Forums Illudami!!

I believe all of those boards will accomplish what you are looking for if you'll just be doing a mild OC down the road. I would recommend getting a board with LLC controls just to help stabilize those last few Mhz of your OC. Remember Ryzen doesn't OC very far so you won't really need a mega board to achieve this.

I only know of one other member here that purchased the Biostar board and he liked it though they were slow to update the Bios. At this point in time I doubt that would be an issue though as Ryzen has been around for many months now.

Hello, thank you for the input! sorry this thread is a bit misleading now
as there have been unexpected changes. should i remove the thread?
as now im building a much cheaper intel i3 8100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back