• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AudioSurf: Who Bought It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I did ... it's a great game. With a price tag of only $9.95 ... well worth the money.

The only problem I see in this game .. the skyrocket in music piracy LOL.

Favorite songs so far:

Power - Warp Brothers
My Last Serenade - Killswitch Engage
Come to daddy - Aphex Twin

:beer:

Come to daddy - Aphex Twin

:beer:

That has such a creepy music vid.. so freaking weird. Good song though. And difficult on Stepmania :) wonder what its like on AS..

I would buy AS, but as I dont have a credit card, Im SOL. Steam doesnt take Prezzy Cards either.. meh, ah well. Can't win em all I guess :)

The only problem I see in this game .. the skyrocket in music piracy LOL.

I dunno, Id imagine most if not all people who buy AS have a fairly extensive "mp3 collection" already. I cant see it impacting on piracy that much, tbh. Could be wrong though

I'm going to pick it up when I get money. I told my friend to get the demo, so he downloaded it. 20-30 mins and 5 songs later, he paypalled $10 to VALVe and got the game, we played for a good 5-6 hours :)

I tried a bunch of Dragonforce tracks (including Through The Fire and Flames) and they're absolutely amazing to play with.

And some fast vocal trance.

Demo is fun, but I have too much other stuff going on to find time to play this yet alone buy the full version.

I bought it, its wicked. Fav songs to play so far are Stairway to heaven and Freebird, hah. :p

Just tried it, I thought that your playing affected the music but it seems it doesn't. Youre basically just collecting colors while listening to music? I'd rather surf the web and listen to music lol...

Just tried it, I thought that your playing affected the music but it seems it doesn't. Youre basically just collecting colors while listening to music? I'd rather surf the web and listen to music lol...

That is essentially the point, but there are many different game modes. It gets quiet challenging which I think is great. Its not something i'd get hard out into myself, but its a great game to play around in and kill time :)

Notice how the color blocks appear when the snare hits? As far as I've noticed the blocks appear on bass as well but I have not figured it out just yet.

P.S
If you play Two Joints by Sublime you will get a row of blocks when you have the "hitting" sound in the beginning :p

Notice how the color blocks appear when the snare hits? As far as I've noticed the blocks appear on bass as well but I have not figured it out just yet.

P.S
If you play Two Joints by Sublime you will get a row of blocks when you have the "hitting" sound in the beginning :p
Playing mono? I think the colored ones there are random.

The blocks do come on instramental hits that come out into the foreground

I bought it.
It's a good time killer when you don't feel like loading up a game that you need to place a lot of effort into.

<---- user name

btw only the cool kids bought it...only the cool kids

i'd say my fav's so far are are pretty much every single Sonata Arctica song i've loaded ^ ^

Back