• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's get this 4000+ stable at 3 Ghz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

OK, there is something I'm doing wrong here.
brisbane 4000+
Stepping: 1
Revision: BH-G1
Core Speed: 3003.3 mhz
Multiplier: 10x
bus sped: 300.3 mhz
ht Link 901 mhz
VOLTAGE: 1.584

Memory (Stable)
G.Skill
500.5 mhz
6-5-5-15-21-2T

Motherboard
Biostar TF560
Any advice, My core0 keeps failing, but core 1 keeps chugging along
I'm using an arctic cooler freezer

How do I figure that out?
I have CPUZ

Either you can set them manually in the bios, or use a program like Memset. You want to set Max Async Latency above 10, its one of the most important settings for breaking past 300HTT in my experience.

Also set NPT FID multiplier to auto so you can use the 10.5 multiplier and won't need as high of an HTT speed.

Either you can set them manually in the bios, or use a program like Memset. You want to set Max Async Latency above 10, its one of the most important settings for breaking past 300HTT in my experience.

Also set NPT FID multiplier to auto so you can use the 10.5 multiplier and won't need as high of an HTT speed.
What does setting the Async Latency do? I cranked the CAS, and the memory down and it doesn't make a difference

Is there anything else that t could be called? I don't see Async Latency in my bios. Can CPUZ tell me what it is currently set at

It should be in the Bios under Memory Timings. In the 550 Bios it shows up as AsyncLat (could also be called MAL or Max Async). I don't think CPUZ will read it, but if left at default it will be set to like 6/7.

You can use this program to read and set Async Latency from Windows:
http://www.tweakers.fr/download/MemSet.exe

edit:
To get Async Latency with the 560A2+ you may need to install a modded bios from here:
http://www.lejabeach.com/Biostar/TF560A2+/

If you do decide to go that route, then make sure you download the non-phenom version of Polygon's modded bios and use the Awd887 flasher that he provides.

which one do i download
Edit: I tried to download the flash utility, but it said that it wasn't compatible with my OS
Is there any way of doing this with vista x64

Last edited:
I would try:
N56BAA09RXX

Also, you need to flash from DOS, either make a bootable floppy or make a bootable USB flash drive and flash from there.

You can always use Memset and then clockgen to the desired HTT speed.

hoho, do You need extra cooling to reach there? If not, Ill try OCing my 4000+ a little more

trc or trfc should be around 20-26 at 800 and 38-42 at 1000 and 42-52 at 1066 depending on modules.
Do the math for any number bertween those. You should be able to see the standard SPD in CPUz under the 4th tab.

Last edited:
Back