• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

witch P35 motherboard for an E8400 ... best o/c result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i read that the foxconn have a lot of vdroop instead of the dfi ... so that what i talking about ... and what you guy think about the gigabyte x38-dq6 one od my friend just offer me this board ... i don t realy like the layout of the board but the important point is ... is this a good and stable oc board !!!
google it for some review ... but not realy helpfull ...

i read that the foxconn have a lot of vdroop instead of the dfi ... so that what i talking about ... and what you guy think about the gigabyte x38-dq6 one od my friend just offer me this board ... i don t realy like the layout of the board but the important point is ... is this a good and stable oc board !!!
google it for some review ... but not realy helpfull ...

V drop is not the major issue that most people make it out to be. As many have stated, most motherboard are designed with V drop purposely. The Foxconn Mars is a top notch board and has the overclocking results to back it up.

my rev 2.1 ga-p35-ds3r does 450fsb without touching mch voltage. i haven't pushed it further yet

Jeff

I had a good experience with the GA X38 DQ6. It did more FSB with less voltage than IP35 Pro. 4.3 was stable Orthos at 1.4vcore in BIOS. 4.2 seemed like a good 24/7 setting with decent temps. I forget the exact numbers, my notes are out in the garage.

I would buy Foxconn Mars and I'm not touching anything from DFI , had 3 boards and all died during first 2 weeks :p , some people could say lot of bad words about asus too , at least without mods just forget about P5K.
Gigabyte is making nice FSB on E8xxx series, can't say much about stability, lower models were making 570FSB+ on my E8200.
I'm thinking about new mobo too but I think it will be Foxconn on X48 when it will be in shops. For now it's Mars.

Realistically any of those boards should overclock great. Out of the hundred or so builds I have done for myself and others, I personally have had my best overclocking. stability and reliability luck with DFI and Abit, but I also have had OC champs from pretty much every manufacturer at one time or another. However most good P35 or X38/48 boards out now will hit 500FSB, which is plenty for most overclocking you may want to do. Heck. my current MSI Neo2-FR does 525 perfectly stable and might even go higher and it was only $89.

Back