• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard replacement [socket 775]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marovargovcik

Hi everyone,

i'm looking for suitable replacement of my current motherboard Asus Commando.

One day i started PC and it won't boot. Fans are running but no signal from videocard and nothing on motherboard LCD (blank blue screen).

I know it might be better to move to new socket but motherboard replacement will cost me around 30-35$ (shipping included).

So here are motherboards i can get:
AsRock 4Core1600Twins-P35
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
ASUS P5QLD PRO

I want to OC my Xeon as much as possible. Which mobo is the best choice?

My PC Specs:
Xeon E5450
8GB DDR2 800MHz
Radeon HD7950 3GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 5400RPM
Corsair CX600M

Thank you very much for your time, i hope my first thread here is asked right. :)

:welcome:

IMO you need to refocus your search to P45 chipset boards. That is the best option for getting the most out of your quad-core Xeon.

The used P45 boards will be more money though, because they are still highly sought after.

Plenty good enough....

.... assuming it supports your CPU. Look at the CPU compatbiillty list. ;)

No luck with getting any P45 motherboard in reasonable price range.

But i found
GA-EP35-DS3 (P35) - 15$
ASUS P5QLD PRO - (P43) - 23$
ASUS P5DL/EPU - (P43)
AsRock 4Core1600Twins-P35 - (P35) - 28$

I would like to buy one of these as temporary replacement and when i'll have a chance to buy any good p45 for reasonable price i'll replace it.

Last edited:
Those boards should run it at stock....

....if they support the cpu.

Check their compatibility list...

I spent a lot of time searching for P45 motherboard. Not luck so far. And 60-70€ seems a lot to me for 8-10 year old product with no warranty.

So i decided. Today i bought
G4560 - 58$
ASUS B150M PRO GAMING - 58$
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz XMP - 139$ (but i want to sell one stick anyway)

My CX600M and HD 7950 3GB are happy to have some new young friends.

Mostly internet browsing, occasionaly gaming like League of Legends. I can’t call myself a gamer. :)
And that Pentium does have HT. I am sure it will be better than E5450.

Likely... depends... HT are not real threads so there isn't the same scaling as a native quad core. You should be OK, though. ;)

I'd keep dual channel memory going though and use both sticks. Be sure they are in the proper slots!

Likely... depends... HT are not real threads so there isn't the same scaling as a native quad core. You should be OK, though. ;)

I'd keep dual channel memory going though and use both sticks. Be sure they are in the proper slots!

Agreed. If you already own it, there's no such thing as too much RAM.

Back