• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 or Corsair TX 750W PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Olebart

So my PC have started to just randomly stop, after i tried to get a sound card in.
MY PC:
Corsair TX 750W PSU
AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Socket-AM3+
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1866MHz 16GB KIT
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 x2
Samsung SSD 840 Series 250GB 2.5" BULK
Western Digital® Desktop Green 1TB
Windows Home Premium 7
Got it at 2013-01-24
So i started up my PC 1 day and i noticed my sound was totally ****ed up so i was jerking around and found out that it didn't work any more so, i bought a ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus soundcard(microphone on my head set didn't work at all) and after i installed it my PC just randomly shut downed, so i went a head and removed it and it still shutting down randomly, i noticed some red lights in my PC after that, so could any 1 help me is it my motherboard gone bananas or is it to little juice in my power supply?( it shut downed 1 time, during me writing this.....:(

Unless that's an old PSU it should be fine and I can't see how this would mess up the mobo either. Have you uninstalled all the sound drivers including the ones from AMD that get installed with the GFX drivers, the onboard drivers and the new card drivers? I think it's most likely a software issue and wouldn't buy anything until I ruled that out.

Do you have any recent system restore points that you could revert to to possibly erase any software that you may have installed recently? Also, perhaps you knocked something loose while you were messing around on the MOBO attempting to install the soundcard causing a power cable to be getting poor contact and causing the computer to lose power periodically? I would start by making sure everything inside of the case is still connected firmly and then possibly revert to a past restore point on the computer.

Make sure you didn't unseat any wires or connections to the mobo while installing the card.

I'd +1 to what Johan said, I'd make sure its not a driver issue before checking hardware.

You can also test the PSU with a digital multi meter just to rule out any issues with it.

so i checked all the wires seems fine,

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any recent system restore points that you could revert to to possibly erase any software that you may have installed recently? Also, perhaps you knocked something loose while you were messing around on the MOBO attempting to install the soundcard causing a power cable to be getting poor contact and causing the computer to lose power periodically? I would start by making sure everything inside of the case is still connected firmly and then possibly revert to a past restore point on the computer.

how do i know? im not the best with pc, and im not sure if i have any and all wires is good

- - - Updated - - -

Unless that's an old PSU it should be fine and I can't see how this would mess up the mobo either. Have you uninstalled all the sound drivers including the ones from AMD that get installed with the GFX drivers, the onboard drivers and the new card drivers? I think it's most likely a software issue and wouldn't buy anything until I ruled that out.

im not very good with pc's so PSU+ and GFX? and the drives to the sound card is still there but i dont see how that can **** up my pc so bad that it turns off every 1sec-10min.
i red some abut red lights on the MOBO and mine light up,and they didnt before the MemOK flashes 1 time, and the BOOT_LED light is on when it is turning off, and another ligh flahses, do you think that have somthing with it to do?

- - - Updated - - -

srry if it takes some days for me to respond as i go to school and as i said my pc is on for 1sec-10min then it tunes off, and i have alot of problems with getting laptop, fixing a water dmg phone and fixing an crushed screen on my ipad.....(just alot of **** ups every where)

It might be power surges I have had the same issue with mine. But I got a really expensive surge protector triplite which took car of the problem and I never lost my power supply cause of this. I might have lost one power supply do the same issue before I had the triplite. But after I got it I never had a problem.

Back