• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone PLEASE help! Can't OC AT ALL!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macstranded

I can't get my e8400 to oc without the bios reseting the cpu host setting to disabled. Even with the memory set to 1:1 I can only get to 345fsb, but even though the computer can run that speed all day without a problem it still gets reset whenever I shut my computer off. Please help!

Sounds like a battery issue. Take it out and take it to the local hardware store and get a new one

Another less likely scenario is the CCMOS jumper is on the wrong pins.

Sounds like a battery issue. Take it out and take it to the local hardware store and get a new one

Another less likely scenario is the CCMOS jumper is on the wrong pins.

How likely is it to have a bad battery on a brand new mobo?

CCMOS? Isn't that the two pins next to the battery that you connect to reset the BIOS? How can pins be on the wrong pins? :confused: I don't think I am understanding you.

EDIT: I don't know if this eliminates either of these possibilities, but the BIOS resets on startup about 4 out of 5 times so it's not entirely consistent.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to bet you battery is almost dead but not there yet. I would check you CMOS jumper and then go change that battery. Those are the 2 easiest solutions. If those don't work, download the latest BIOS and update to that. And if that doesn't work, then you have no choice but to RMA. I doubt its the jumper though. Most motherboards throw an alarm when you try to boot with the jumper in the wrong position.

I'd be willing to bet you battery is almost dead but not there yet. I would check you CMOS jumper and then go change that battery. Those are the 2 easiest solutions. If those don't work, download the latest BIOS and update to that. And if that doesn't work, then you have no choice but to RMA. I doubt its the jumper though. Most motherboards throw an alarm when you try to boot with the jumper in the wrong position.

I just switched out the battery and it still does the same thing and my jumper is just two pins with nothing connected. Also I just installed the newest BIOS a couple of nights ago. Another thing I noticed is that the only BIOS settings that reset are the ones that have to do with OCing, all the others stay the way I set them. So I think it is either a problem with my RAM or my CPU.

Last edited:
Back