• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800 GTS Heatpad Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[ShowMe!]

Registered
I have an antec 900 for about two months now, and my system has become a high performance vacuumer.

I am planning on cleaning it in a few days, but I had a question about the 8800 GTS Headtpads between the memory and the heat sink.

It seems that they are fairly think.

I was planning of taking off the heatsink and putting new thermal paste on but I was wondering if the heat sink would sit right or even touch the memorry if i took off the thermalpads.

Any one have an experiance on this subject, suggestions?

Do i need to find new thermalpads if i want to replace them?

Thank you.

The pads are pretty thick, you could put thermal paste there, but it wouldn't transfer heat too well.

Also note that depending on what company you bought it from, removing the heatsink might void the warranty ;)

if it is anything like the original G80 8800's and it probably is, there is going to be a nice decent sized gap... u can reuse the stock ones, just be very careful when taking the stock hs off...

If you want new pads you gan do what i did and order some off of Arctic Cooling's RMA department on ebay.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Arcti...artsQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ238123228QQsofpZ0

make sure you get alot more than you need and alot of each size, cus you dont want to lift the heatsink off the core with to thick of pads... and you can always double up on the .5mm pads to make a 1.0mm pad (before when i bought they had 1mm pads)

but really if your gentle and dont skrew any of the stock pads... replacing the stock tim on the core will be fine.

Back