• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't type password for SMP client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raptord

I'm trying to get the SMP client running however this issue keeps me from going anywhere.

After installing the client and running install.bat, I try to type in my password, but nothing actually types in. I can type when it asks for the user name, but not the password. I've tried typing it somewhere else and pasting it there and using the on-screen keyboard, to no avail. I have .net framework 2.0 and I'm running win XP home SP2.

Any help would be appreciated.

It wont show anything, just type the password and hit enter. Nothing shows up in the box

You shouldn't have to type in your user name, the install will default to the current user account. I think the password is hidden in the command window so nothing will show up. Try not typing in the user account, let it use the default and then enter the password, it should ask you to retype the password for confirmation and you should see the MPI Working message twice.

SMP requires the username to sign in windows to have a password, You use your windows sign on password. If you dont have one then you must add a password the the admin account in windows. then run the install.bat and type in your windows password

Ok, it works now, I didn't know it wasn't visible; that's something they could have mentionned in the readme :S

Back