• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

43longtime

ok i want to get into water cooling but i dont know what a good case is for water cooling. I want a big one i know that but i am not sure what a good case it to get for water cooling so any input would help.

thanks.....

What is your budget? What size of radiator are you planning on putting in? Will you be able to cut it, if necessary?

Something to look at: Thermaltake armor, Original Coolermaster Stacker, Mountain mods UFO 3,

i dont want to spend more then like $200 on the case and i am going to get Swiftech MCR-220 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator/Reservoir (http://www.petrastechshop.com/swmcqposerab3.html).

Thermaltake armor and original stacker will be able to hold that radiator internally in between 5.25 bays. Though it would depend on you and how many 5.25 and 3.5 devices you have or will use. Otherwise you could mount radiator externally on the back of gigabyte aurora.

well i have 2 5.25 bays that i use and 2 3.25 hard drive bays maybe 3 hard drive bays i like the gigabyte aurora my friend has that case with water and he likes it a lot i dont know what i am going to get i still would like more suggestions.

thanks....

Personally I am sick of PRE-FAB cases. While there is some very nice ones out there they are just insanely priced......

If you have the skills build your own case. That is what I plan on doing when I have the free time. I also build loudspeaker enclosures - although it has been a while - so I have all the proper tools. But if you don't have the skills to build your own try and find a used computer surplus store... those places are just great. (plus many of them will buy your old parts - if they still work)

Personally I am sick of PRE-FAB cases. While there is some very nice ones out there they are just insanely priced......

If you have the skills build your own case. That is what I plan on doing when I have the free time. I also build loudspeaker enclosures - although it has been a while - so I have all the proper tools. But if you don't have the skills to build your own try and find a used computer surplus store... those places are just great. (plus many of them will buy your old parts - if they still work)

what would yo build your case out of wood or something else.

I made a case prototype out of wood ~1.5 years ago - it was ugly as hell. Wood is heavy and if mobility is even remotely a criteria, I'd say don't do it. You also gotta find the right wood type, as they can differ in weight, flexibility and useability.

I'm currently working out a design for a Liquid cooling case and I came to the conclusion that Aluminium is very workable. It's not that much lighter though and it's more expensive than wood. :(

I guess I should finish the suitcase-case I've been working on... gotta get back to it. :)

Btw, have a look at the Sharkoon Rebel12. It's generally dismissed as El Cheapo from Notgoodistan - but the radiator can be placed behind the front. There's even space for a 120.3 rad and it has a nice layout. Maybe it's good enough for you.

what would yo build your case out of wood or something else.

Simply put YES. Contrary to what some people think, I find wood to be incredibly versatile. Also... coming from the mentality of speaker building - heavy is good! But I don't go to LAN parties or anything so what ever case I have wont be moved much. I have not drawn up plans yet.... There is some 1/8 inch thick plywood that is surprisingly ridged. I would line the plywood with 25-27 gauge sheet metal to control emi. Well any for who, If I do get around to building one I will take detailed pictures of the progress.

i dont think i would build one out of wood to much of a headache to try and make it look nice and not all ghetto. i dont like ghetto i will just keep looking around i might just use my antec 900.

I have the TT armor it has room for a 3x120 rad in the front while still using a DVD-r and the power button . Behind the power button can go a HDD . Beside the psu is a spot for another 3 hdd's .

If I were ever to buy a new case it would be the UFO

Back