• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Configuring mouse movement for FPS gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phamine

Are there any guides or tips on how to do this properly?
How would you determine the best overall sensitivity

I usually move the mouse with my fingers with my wrist sitting on the table. My palm never touches the mouse.

i dont think there is a proper way to set up your mouse. its all based on YOUR preferences.

i have my Razer Copperhead set to 1000hz polling rate and 2000 dpi, so i have to move my hand around less when i need to spin to track an enemy

Yeah it really depends on which FPS game your playing. Some FPS games I would have my sensitivity set so low that I would have to move the mouse half way across my desk and others having it set high was the way to go because no real skill was needed. Most gaming mouses let you adjust the DPI on the fly now so pick one up and you will be all set :)

I think it depends on your style. If you like to snipe, a lower dpi is usually better. If you like running into a group of enemies with a machine gun, a higher dpi may be better.

Back