• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apevia PSU, thumbs up or down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sarsbaby

Disabled
I have recently bought another HD2900XT and need a much larger PSU.
I am using an ABS Tagan BZ700, very nice power supply, had it for less than 4 months.
So, I went to NewEgg and found a great deal on a new arrival and would like to know what everyone thinks of it. I don't know too much about PSU's so I thought asking would be better than guessing.

Here is the link! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148037

Apevia is a big thumbs in the ground, but i'm not too sure on the OEM for this '1100w' PSU.

Its a Wintech model. No one has reviewed it yet so we can't really say how it is... Apevia's rep isn't great when it comes to PSUs though, but that was for the Youngyear units. I use a 500W Wintech that comes with the X-QPack2 case and honestly I haven't had any problems with it yet(running around 7-8 months).

mr. guru or OW should try to snag one for review. :D

I'm willing to bet that your Tagan is actually more capable of putting out power than that so called 1100W thing.

I'm willing to bet that your Tagan is actually more capable of putting out power than that so called 1100W thing.

Seems to be working very well. My 5v rating is better (Then 4.70 -Now 4.90) and my system seems more stable.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess i'll just have to see what happens long-term.

Then there's something wrong with your Tagan. But that doesn't make the Apevia a better PSU.

Then there's something wrong with your Tagan. But that doesn't make the Apevia a better PSU.

Ok, I didn't say it was Better. It just has more power and and amps. Like I said before, we'll just have to see. I also didn't DMM the tagan, it was software, so it might be just fine. I plan on getting one and testing both.

I know I went a little cheap, not bottom tier though. It sounds like you have something against Apevia in general. I'm not dis-agreeing with you, Tagan IS a better company. If you can find me an extra set of 6 and 8 pin Piperock cables for my BZ700, i'll RMA the Apevia and use the Tagan.

The only reason i'm not and bought the Apevia is because Tagan wouldn't sell me an extra set. They don't come with the 700w model's, even though there are 2 sets of VGA power ports and they advertise it as Crossfire ready.
I'm serious, they denied selling me those cables and said I would need more than a 700w anyway. That kinda made me mad. Why advertise it Crossfire ready when there is only 1 set of power cables and they won't sell you more?:confused:

Again, I would love to use that tagan if somebody could find me the plugs. I can't find them anywhere!

I think i'm gonna return this thing, any suggestions? Another Tagan? Silverstone maybe?

Last edited:
Three Side See-Through Window with fire-resistant acrylic cover,
I'm sorry but that made me smile, Looks like they hand some problems with some :D

Last edited:
It's not unusual for PSU failure to spark some sort of fire. So if they use regular plastic for the windows, they'll melt and make the disaster worse. ANY PSU of ANY grade, if they're going to use plastic on the housing, needs to make sure the plastic is fire-resistant.

Last edited:
It's not unusual for PSU failure to spark some sort of failure. So if they use regular plastic for the windows, they'll melt and make the disaster worse. ANY PSU of ANY grade, if they're going to use plastic on the housing, needs to make sure the plastic is fire-resistant.

oh, ok. Makes sense.

Back