• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some suggestions on how to finish my system and loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saxile

Thanks for reading for starters, need some input on on how to finish this system attaching a drawing of my current rad (Ford F-350 Transmisson cooler) and a drawing of how I'm thinking about completing my loop. Can anyone suggest a better rad or better loop?
More info on system is:
Pump: Iwaki dual-headed pump, model 2MD-15R
CPU Block: D-tek Fuzion
GPU Block: Either Maze5 or d-tek fuzion (unless someone can suggest better, card is a Sapphire Blue PCB (non-ref) HD3870)
I also want to put a mosfet waterblock on the video card as they get extremely hot when volt modded, can anyone suggest one?

Attachments

• current rad.jpg
    current rad.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 78
  • cooling loop.jpg
    cooling loop.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 77
Your core mounts two 120's? How is your loop situated in your case? With two res's downstream from that sort of load you're going to be pooling a lot of warm coolant.

Core can hold up to 6 120's lol, transmisson cooler, have 3 on atm, just did a quick sketch, haven't bought the final stuff yet, but way I was thinking is this, pump 2 pulls from res 1 and pushes to cpu, then gpu, then finally into res 2. Pump 1 kicks in and takes the hot coolant from res 2 pushes to the rad then dumps the cooled coolant back to res 1.

edit: Forgot to menton case I have has a 220 in the front and a 320 in the side, thinking about mounting the rad on the 320 which will cover 90 of the surface

Core can hold up to 6 120's lol, transmisson cooler, have 3 on atm, just did a quick sketch, haven't bought the final stuff yet, but way I was thinking is this, pump 2 pulls from res 1 and pushes to cpu, then gpu, then finally into res 2. Pump 1 kicks in and takes the hot coolant from res 2 pushes to the rad then dumps the cooled coolant back to res 1.

edit: Forgot to menton case I have has a 220 in the front and a 320 in the side, thinking about mounting the rad on the 320 which will cover 90 of the surface

Jesus! You don't fool around, huh? :eek: With that sort of surface area you can pretty much put things where you want. :)

:) If you gonna do something, best to go all out right? Think that loop would work? I've never used dual pumps before, only single so a newbie on those grounds.

Plus got all the stuff at a killer price, the core, pump, and an upconverter from 110 to 220 for 60 bucks, just wanted the pump and converter so the core was a nice little bonus :)

Your loop will run fine, dude. IMO, dual pumps is series is the way to go. That configuration in water cooling is neater and more functional. And yeah, all-out is the way to live! :beer: Especially if you can do it at a nice price...

Btw thanks Perseus, helped me make the final decisons on it, now I just wanna find a mosfet cooler for this video card so I can stop using them to fry my eggs in the morning, my poor stove is getting lonely :p.

I've used it and the results were basically neutral, though I did get pressure buildup which implies corrosion. My loop was all cooper too. :confused: I'm using Fluid XP+ Ultra at the moment, because it supposedly stops scaling. My tubes (2705) are still like glass after 7-months, so I GUESS it works.

plans are changing on my build now perseus, instead of just water, phase change for cpu and water for video, and maybe nb and perhaps sb.

You're a better man that me, saxile. I've been wanting to try phase for a while now and just haven't worked up the stones. I look forward to seeing picks of your baby when it's done. Maybe I'll post some of my rig too, just so I won't feel so jealous! :drool:

yeah, it's gonna hurt my pockets, but been wanting phase since vapochill first came out, at least won't have to upgrade for a long time seeing processors are getting cooler and cooler

Back