• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

action replay max question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For ps2 - first, has anyone else had problems reading the disc, as in "please insert a ps2 disc" over and over? Second, I used to be able to update codes online just fine, now I can't - it couldn't be my connection, all my games work over the net. I tried the downloadable code database, but its about 2 years out of date.

May be a sign of impending optical drive failure. Usually when the PS2 laser unit is about to die it will have trouble reading the black and dark blue discs first then eventually all discs.

For ps2 - first, has anyone else had problems reading the disc, as in "please insert a ps2 disc" over and over? Second, I used to be able to update codes online just fine, now I can't - it couldn't be my connection, all my games work over the net. I tried the downloadable code database, but its about 2 years out of date.

Shoulda got Codebreaker instead. ;)

Yep, but the ar max disc is blue - not sure if that's a "bad" color for lasers to try and read...

Mine has problem with blue discs, what I do is just turn it upside down when its initially trying to read the disc and it will read it fine then you can flip it the right way up and it will play fine. Done it loads of times with no disc damage.

Mine has problem with blue discs, what I do is just turn it upside down when its initially trying to read the disc and it will read it fine then you can flip it the right way up and it will play fine. Done it loads of times with no disc damage.

Yep this works on my third dying PS1....... Except I have to keep it upside down......

I used to have the action replay max too and it never worked quite right. It wouldn't start about half the time and trying to update codes from online would make it freeze quite frequently. Are you having issues with just that disc, or others too?

Back