• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alt. DC Projects Spotlight #8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohiosurfer

So here is the last of my horded interviews.

I'm proud to introduce ffzen!

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what state do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town?

I grew up in the dirty south (N'awlins) ((that's New Orleans :D)). I've lived in NYC the past 6 yrs.

What do you do for a living?

Trade stocks from my apartment. It's a tough gig, i don't recommend it.

What do you do for fun?

I'm a Music Fanatic. When i can, i enjoy basketball, tennis and any other kind of sport. Like movies, enjoy reading about misc. computer news and information. Also poker, but i always seem to be depositing new $$ into my online account. :burn:

What are your plans for your future (personal life)?

Make $$, Save $$, and live comfortably which Seems like a never ending quest. I'd like to eventually settle down and have a small family, but i'm not in a rush.

When did you start your first alt. DC project?

I had to go look in the MJ-12 thread :D. It looks like shortly after O/C formed a team in April 2006.

What projects do you participate in? How many comps on each?

MJ-12 - 1 sometimes 2
Netdimes - 3
RedLibrary - 1
OGR-25/RC5-72 - 1 (used to be 2 sometimes 3, but 2 of my rigs are down).

What computers does your farm consist of? Borgs?

Right now the mini farm consists of 3 pc's and 1 laptop. (At its peak was 5 pc's and 1 laptop). Unfortunately, i don't have any borgs.

What is your motivation for continuing to crunch?

Help ocforum teams climb higher in the ranks and the stats from these projects become an addiction. Also i should add that my monthly maintenance includes the electricity so that makes it easier to run the rigs around the clock.

What is your proudest DC achievement?

Hmm, i guess that would be MJ-12.

Whats your favorite alt. DC project? stats link

Actually, I like all the projects i'm currently participating in.

What are your future plans (computers and projects)?

I'm thinking perhaps end of this yr to build a HTPC. Also a friend of mine wants one, so i might try to build one sooner for him. I'd also like to get some more rigs up to run some of the other projects like HashClash.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! Anything that could help the team learn more about who you are.

I'd like to say i'm glad to have found overclockers.com b/c i've learned quite a bit, and the community is great. I'm not much of gamer on pc's, but i was hooked on Dynasty Warriors 3 for awhile on PS2. I know ..that game is so old, but i still occasionally play it. :D My friend has been trying for months to get me to play WOW, but i know if i start i prolly won't be able to stop.
To everyone involved in somekind of DC project(s), Keep it up!:attn:

... We really need to get this jumping again :)

I'm working on it. I have a desktop for the first time in 2 years so I have a few BOINC projects running. Once I get them to 9000+ points in the DC-Vault, I'll switch to some new projects. :)

Feel free to send me nominations for anyone that is still active in Alt. DC projects and I'll keep this series going.

Back