• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I get a better memory overclock on my Go 7400 by underclocking my core speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orgazmo

Can I get a better memory overclock on my Go 7400 by underclocking my core speed?

Hey guys, first post, sort of new to overclocking - my knowledge does not extend past the first page of google results for "overclock", and none of my friends know anything about it, so yeah.

I recently invested in a decent little Sony Vaio notebook, it has a Geforce Go 7400 (128mb) sitting in it. Default core speed is 450mhz, memory is 700mhz. I have it overclocked to 540/760 using ATITool. I'm using it to play Call of Duty 4 and Oblivion, and it's just barely cutting it - I'd say my average FPS for both is high 20s, on pretty low settings. I'm unwilling to turn the resolution really low, because then it's just ugly.

But yeah, long story short, if I lower my core speed will this allow me to get a better (stable) memory overclock? It seems like the memory speed is making 90% of the difference in frames per second, so I'd love to make that trade-off.

Thanks for your patience.

Now that is not very nice at all, it is very racist too, we offer help for free do not be rude.

I've removed one of your posts as it was not appropriate here.

Insults wont result in your problem being solved any quicker, so I suggest you try being a bit more polite otherwise your time here will be rather short.

Back