• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Match w/900 Cele

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lounge Lizard 6

Registered
In the process of ordering the components for a new system. I like the SOYO SY-7VDA DDR Mobo. Was wondering if the the 900 cele was a good match? I've found the 900 for $46 and seems to be a good price. Any comments?

The Celeron 900 is a good overclocker. Most people can usually get 1.2 gig out of it (9X133 MHz) or more.

Been doing additional reading and it seems to be the consensus that the cele's get no advantage with DDR over PC133. Am I understanding this correctly?

Lizard I don't think DDR have any advantage unless your going to FSB's where its past 160 or so to overclock the ram.

Yea the 900 Celeron is good but if your looking towards more power try the 1Gig Celeron I like them their average is to 1273mhz so your looking to some what beat that score with a good chip, motherboard, some good branded ram and luck.

Just keep in mind DDR and SDRam are kind of in the same boat you'll notice only a 10-15% difference when comparing the two.

Back