• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best program for cd emulation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shakka

After upgrading from a 32 bit to 64 bit OS, my old copy of alcohol 120 wont install. All i use it for is to run cd images from so it eliminates pulling cds out when i want to play a different game. Some of my cds are very scratched and i want to preserve them as long as possible. Any suggestions of good programs that can do this for me, preferably free?

Thats what it was. I knew it was Dxxxxx something couldnt remember name tho. Thanks trying it out now. Does daemon tools allow you to create images because i still have to make a quake 4 image.

Last edited:
powerISO can create and burn images and you can also run image from hard drive with the virtual drive Daemon can only mount to virtual drives.

i dont think you can talk about piracy issues in the forum, but for backups of your games daemon tools will allow you to duplicate Securom and MANY other copyright issues, i use it all the time and it works great for my backups. :beer:

Blindwrite 5 works well for backing up games there is just a lot of steps involved in it but it has worked for me every time I have tried it.

Back