• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What way to fan Freezer 7 PRO PICS INSIDE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

ime not sure if theis is the correct place to post...but oh well :)

HI, just got an freezer 7 pro and i have no idea what way to face it / and what way to put my case fans.....
here is my temps under stress:
pic1.jpg
here are idle temps
pic2-1.jpg
here is a pic of the outside of case

Image003.jpg

Here is a pic of inside
Image007.jpg

here is another pic of inside ( in this one u can see an extra fan ontop of the hard drive
Image009.jpg

so basically the top blu fan is blowing IN
the fan above the hard drive is blowing IN
the BIG blue fan ( behind the heatsink ) is blowing OUT
the PSU sucks air from the bottom ( near the hatsink) and blows it OUT the back
The fan on the side of my case is blowing OUT

and the freeezer 7 pro fan is blowing from the front of the case to the back of the case

BY THE WAY i amm gnna be getting a second graphics card for crossfire ...( if that help )

I editied the pICS with arrows to show air flow
THEY ARE HERE : http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=Image007.jpg

Last edited:
How is the airflow around your vid card? It looks like it sucks. Can you remove some of the pci slot covers and have a fan exhaust there? You could clean up the wires too.

I would probably disconnect/ move the side panel fan. It is impeding your general flow.

If i were you i would do some cable managment, because the way your calbes are right is helping the airflow in your case, if there is any.

The way you put the AC7 pro is correct you have air blowing towards the fan and you have an exhaust right behind it.

yeah i had just finished sleeveing the psu cables...so i hadnt botherd to hide cables....:)

one other questino would it be better tp have the fan sucking air from the area around the grapihcs card and blowing the top?

and also in the pics above.....will the heat from the RAM cause hot air to be blown through the heatsink?

if only that side-panel fan was located near your vid-card rather than your cpu. That way you could've made the side-panel and front-panel fans your intakes, while the top and rear panel fans your exhausts. But you'd have to partition off that area near the vid-card and open up the slots under it (to maintain a good air flow). Your RAM will generate heat, and it will go through your exhaust fan, but don't worry too much about it, it won't make too much of a difference.

temp-1.jpg

This would also split heat output from your RAM and CPU to two different exhausts. but again partitioning here would also help. It's just not the prettiest thing in the world.

antipacker<<how can u tell that u need a new cpu?? is it cos my voltages are 'fluctuating'

can it damage components?

How is the airflow around your vid card? It looks like it sucks. Can you remove some of the pci slot covers and have a fan exhaust there? You could clean up the wires too.

I would probably disconnect/ move the side panel fan. It is impeding your general flow.

My PC is even worse than his, plus there are two gpu's shoved in the same area as his, and a sound card in between them, and a psu right below them. It is annoying there isn't a better design for better cooling for gpu's, as they can get even hotter than the CPU...

Cable Management. Plain and simple.

to antipesto- He is referring to your Power Supply. Your voltages are fluctuating, which is not a real good thing to have happen. If thats the PSU that came with the case, I'd strongly recommend that you replace it with something more beefier like a Corsair 520HX or 620HX. Fluctuating voltages can't necessarily "damage" components per say, but it isn't good for them as far as stability is concerned. A good Power supply is the heart of a computer. I'm not sure who makes the one that you have, but I'd be willing to bet my marbles its not very good quality. A poorly designed and poorly manufactured PSU can and has taken out computers and components in numerous PC's. As a word of caution, I'd recommend you replace it just to be safe and to ensure the longevity of your system.

Back