• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Higher FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mulli

Registered
I have a 1.33/266 t-bird that I can't get the fsb higher? I have read about turning down the AGP to 1x instead of 4x to increase FSb. Is this the way to o/c?

My t-bird now is at 133/11.5 rock solid! <except certain games :( >
I'm running,
1533mhz. 30c Idle, 40c Load
MSI K7 Master Mobo
514mg/2100 DDR Crucial Memory
Swiftech 462A Heatsink
G-Force V/C
30gig Maxtor 7200
10gig Maxtor 5400

Mulli said:
I have a 1.33/266 t-bird that I can't get the fsb higher? I have read about turning down the AGP to 1x instead of 4x to increase FSb. Is this the way to o/c? ----No.You should leave the AGP @ 4x.
Looks like your system is running pretty sweet! I'd leave it alone...1333's won't go much higher than that ...stable.
I took mine up to 1640Mhz, & ended up w/ the nickname ThermalDamage!-Ok:rolleyes: it was'nt the first time!:D

Last edited:
1st Welcome to the Fourms. :)
2nd. maybe spend a little time browsing over the Beginners Guides. They do help quite a bit and may answer some questions that are lurking inside you. - lol.

I don't know about the mobo you're using , but try decreasing the multiplier, then increasing the FSB a little at a time.

Don't mess with the video stuff. What good is a fast pc if you got slo video? :cool:

Back