• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need confirmation on Mobo situation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hmoob

Registered
Ok, I have a faulty mobo and am looking to replace it. I have found the identical one and am planning to buy it.

What I need to know:
After I install the mobo, no data will be lost correct? It will be like before the mobo went dead, correct (this was what I was told)?

After I install (meaning physically connecting everything) the mobo, what else is there to do? Driver install?

Is buying a 100 dollar mobo worth it, if I'm going to save enough around to begining of july to build a whole new system (keep in mind I won't have a computer to use then)?

Some people say installing a mobo is very difficult, is this true? Is it more difficult than installing a cpu, video card, ram, hard drive, etc...?

Thank you.

Welcome to O/C Forums! :welcome:

Yes. If you bought an identical board like the original one you had that was faulty, then all you do is connect evrything back to the way it was.

Nothing willl go wrong, unless you forget to connect something.

All you're doing is swaping a dead board out, and installing the same board in working order back in.

And no, installing a board is easy. Just take your time and don't rush into it. Be sure to double check evrything before you power on.

Piece of cake ;)

your a lifesaver. One question, in your opinion, if you had a dead mobo and was going to build a new system in july but you need the computer now, would you buy the mobo, or wait until july? This is my situation. Thanks for the warm welcome.

your a lifesaver. One question, in your opinion, if you had a dead mobo and was going to build a new system in july but you need the computer now, would you buy the mobo, or wait until july? This is my situation. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, if I needed the rig right now, I would by the mobo. If I decided to wait till July, then I did'nt need the system right now, now would I? ;)

Back