• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mp4 converter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quicktime professional should be able to do it then, it's just not as fast. Not free, but also not that expensive.

I believe Quicktime Pro is only like 20-30 bucks for a lifetime license dude. Didn't you win the lottery or something?

I know that Quicktime will do the trick, but there are plenty of free programs out there that put your downloaded videos on your iPod, which is what I am summarily assuming that you are doing. You can google that just as easily as anyone here can. However, be aware that the free programs will most likely give you limited options for output quality. I had a friend that showed me some time back how to make a script that used VLC player to quickly convert .avi to .mp4 with customizable outputs within the text editor. It was the fastest I had at the time, and the most convenient, just drag the video onto the script file. However, I don't remember at all how to do this.

Check afterdawn.com for these types of things also.

Last edited:
You talk about spending money on backup sets of RAM among other things, why not spend the $30 for a lifetime license for Quicktime. I'm not sure of the reasoning for the conversion, but at $30 its a valid license to have. Free software isn't always the answer, sometimes you have to buck down and spring for a license, in this case you are fortunate that it is really cheap.

The backup ram was needed, I popped it into my ds3l rig, and I am switching it when my tracers die. And yes I won the lottery, but no, I made a decision to not spend any more of that money, im saving it all for college.

I figure I can look for 30 bucks around the house. Might not be easy though lol.

Back