• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried my motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teddi

Registered
I must have been sleeping or something, i had my msi p35 platinum running an e6600 at 3.65 ghz on 1.55 volt. i dont know why or how that happened with the volts, i seriously must have been asleep when i did it.

its not when it fried though, i put the voltage down to 1.45, and ran at 3.4 ghz for about 32 hours, then i had to restart, and it never started up again. Its in the workshop at work, under warranty :Þ im lucky with my job :santa2:

it was insured, not through rma :p

i got v cheap insurance/guarantee via my company. it's not going to rma

I would agree that it is less than a desirable course of action to RMA a knowingly voided warranty which broke due to abude intentional or otherwise.

Edit - Read the post above, made while I writing mine, that's cool then :D

we sell "kasko" its company insurance. if anything goes wrong, you buy a monitor, and drop it and break it, we get you a new one. This is what i got, but we call it extra guarantee. >.> i considered it lucky to get it fixed. I told my employers i overclocked it

How did you fry the mobo? I see no evidence of how you "fried" it....

It seems to me that the mobo was a POS and it's time had come....

What warranty are you voiding by overclocking on an overclockign mobo?

How did you fry the mobo? I see no evidence of how you "fried" it....

It seems to me that the mobo was a POS and it's time had come....

What warranty are you voiding by overclocking on an overclockign mobo?

no one overclocks on these motherboards we just buy them because when you turn it on a cool screen comes up....we get different color memory slots...blue..red...black ports....its great...get some cool cooper stuff in the middle to add to all the BLING! ....nah they are not made to overclock @ all :beer:

Back