• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd conversion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I have recently been kicking around the idea of copying all of my movies to my hard drive, and converting them to divx or something similar, rather than having the actual ISO. Would be nice to have just a digital version of the movie on the drive. Whats the best format to convert to? I've been trying divx, but for some reason when I convert the movie, I can never get it do display full screen on my tv. It's probably something I'm doing wrong.. :bang head

Whats the best program to do the conversion and maintain the correct picture size. I would like to cut file size in half, knock them down to about 2gb or so a peice..

Help :)

Ive tried several different ones.. Of the ones I've tried, CloneDVD Mobile seems to have been the easiest of them all, so thats what I've been using lately.

Hi there
I use TMPGEnc and Cucusoft video converter a fair bit and like them both, and they are both pretty easy to use.

Whoa.
Missed this, even though I posted in it. :burn:

Anyway, I assume you have worked out all the decryption stages, so for the actual conversion, try Handbrake, which has quite a few good presets and has a straightforward GUI - try H.264, even though I've had problems with my own encodings having strange seek lag issues.
I'd also look at MeGUI.

Back