• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kris

I built the quad core rig in my sig this winter and since then I have had a problem burning dvd's. When I burn the dvd's they skip, stutter and will even hard lock the two dvd palyers I have access to when played. My new rig is 24hour prime stable at the settings in my sig so I don't belive this to be a stability issue but possibly a software issue. Also the old rig was a Opty 165 oc'd to 2700 on XP and never produced these results. I have tried the new rig in XP and Vista 32bit and get the same results in both os's. Anyone have any ideas?
Edit nero version is 7.10.1.2 and was updated recently.

Last edited:
I have had this problem, with my single core athlon, when I burn DVDs they stutter, they work fine from the computer but not the DVD, although, one thing I noticed is that imgburn runs out of software buffer within a few seconds and it doesn't refill, I feel this is my problem, But I don't have a clue how to rectify it.

I have had this problem, with my single core athlon, when I burn DVDs they stutter, they work fine from the computer but not the DVD, although, one thing I noticed is that imgburn runs out of software buffer within a few seconds and it doesn't refill, I feel this is my problem, But I don't have a clue how to rectify it.

I was wondering if something like this is happening. I don't usually watch the encode/burn process to see what is going on.

Edit: Same thing here with working on the computer(s) but not a dvd player.

Last edited:
It sounds like a driver issue. I had a few hiccups with my sata burner when I didn't have good drivers and firmware

Two things to check:

1. If you have multiple CD/DVD drives, put them on different IDE/SATA controllers ie: don't hook 2 drives up to IDE0 or IDE1, keep em' separated.

2. Check in your device manager and make sure your CD/DVD drive is not in PIO mode. You want it in DMA mode.

Just updated firmware and it's better but still not right. Will check for a driver.

Only one DVD drive and it's on the P35 sata controller along with my two hard drives. Could this be part of the problem?

Looking at the device manager now but I don't see anything about PIO or DMA...

Last edited:
Back