• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista is cutting off some of my programs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Semyaza

Kind of hard to explain but its like only part of a program I am trying to run shows. The buttons and other things are kind of cut in half. Its like when you are using the wrong viewing mode on a widescreen and you cut off part of the movie. Any ideas what causes this?

it could be a monitor setting such as it is stretched too far or it could be a resolution problem

you could try taking a screen shot... that might help diagnose the problem

Here you can see an example of it. See how the text is cut off on the buttons and it also goes off the main form? It seems to be mostly a VB thing maybe? Not sure but its small little apps like this one that are most effected. Also a couple I have made. Don't know if its some sort of XP and Vista difference or what but most the ones effected by it say they are for vista. So I don't know really.

Katana.jpg

Yeah I know its a lame program but whatever hehe, its not the point.

Looks like the default font size setting got bumped up a bit too much, some program don't play nice with larger than default font size and you get the resulting cut off images.

Back