• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'Smudged' Pixel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightelph

I noticed this on my 24" BenQ. Using a 10x loupe, I can see the pixels aren't 'dead', the edges aren't sharp and defined. I hope this pic helps. Ideas?

pixel.jpg

Pic taken with new Canon SD870 IS. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the polarizer component in the display does, but I can research it. How would one go about fixing it? Of the 2.3million pixels on the screen its not overly noticeable, but I know where its is now. :-/

I'm not sure what the polarizer component in the display does, but I can research it. How would one go about fixing it? Of the 2.3million pixels on the screen its not overly noticeable, but I know where its is now. :-/

I know how that feels, I had 2 dead pixels...they weren't noticeable, but I knew they were there....ticks me off. :bang head

So I ended up returning it.

I just watch V for Vendetta on Blu-ray on this monitor, and a few pixels don't affect a movie. But when you know where to look..

My iPhone was afflicted by the 'bubble in the glass' defect, and god was it annoying.

Any ideas on remedying this?

This looks like something stuck on the back of the LCD panel that blocks light at that particular point...

Believe it or not, the smudge 'rotated' itself 90°. Dense clump of dust maybe?

I agree with it being something behind the LCD screen, but in front of the backlight. Although I would not suggest it unless you feel very comfortable doing so, cracking the case open and using a can of air with the small straw to attempt to blow that particle out of the way sould do the trick.

Ran UDPixel for awhile; neat program but it did not fix it. I do feel comfortable opening up the panel, we'll see how annoyed I get. New pics:

pixel1.jpg

pixel2.jpg

+1, I had and ant get into my dell tv and I was like WTF...? You could watch it crawl around.

THAT'S freakin funny!

This anomaly seems to lack any kind of definition, I would prefer it to be dust. Going on vacation next week, maybe I'll take it apart when I get back.

I've seen an ant on a rear projector big screen once. Was funny watching a 5 inch big blurry shadow of an ant running around the screen. :D

I've seen an ant on a rear projector big screen once. Was funny watching a 5 inch big blurry shadow of an ant running around the screen. :D

Scared the crap outa me when a spider did that. I was watching the Godfather and was like "Wait, what?" I couldn't find anything big enough to kill it with then I went up close and almost kicked myself, haha.

Back