• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P35 problems booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zulfy26

I have a MSI p35 Platinum, with Intel Q6600. When I first got the board, almost a year ago, the floppy drive wouldn't work. (Tried multiple cables, drives, settings etc) I finally just gave up and ignored it. I haven't really had a need to use the floppy drive, so I thought, no biggie. But since then I've noticed that the motherboard has a hard time booting to Live-CD's (read: won't boot to them at all) I.e. Linux distros, Memtestx86, hard drive diags, etc. For example when booting to GParted 0.3.6-7 I get the error: "/bin/sh: Can't access tty; Job control turned off"
I'd really like to know if I should RMA the board, is there a setting I've missed, or some other advice?

Thanks

Last edited:
Will the machine boot any disc? An XP disc? If you've been through all the settings in BIOS and still believe its the mobo at fault, flash the BIOS with the latest firmware, even if its already the newest.
Also, post this in the mobo section, it'll get more attention. ;)

It loads an XP disc, but has problems booting to live-on Linux discs. Also, I flashed the bios to the latest under Windows a couple weeks ago.

Thats kinda weird, but no longer sounds hardware related in my head. :) Try dropping a post in the alternative OS or mobo section.

Back