• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help please - DBA Credit Card Terminal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraManiac

Hello everyone. Has anybody hear of DBA Credit Card Terminal before? Here is their website. I follow the sticky and did a check but the business did now show up.

Couple month ago I purchased a Credit card terminal from them when ours die.

Here is the detailed story.

The link I posted for their website is on the page of which I purchased the New
Modem Module 3mb version of Verifone Omni 3750

Normal Verifone Omni 3750 are 4mb, but the one I got has only 3mb and my business don't receive much credit card sales so I purchased the 3mb version.

I though I found a good deal since it is New and all. (NEW means brand new right? or does it have any other meanings?)

Here is what happen when the terminal arrives.

After the terminal arrives from UPS, I open it and noticed the terminal does not have the modem attached.

here is a picture of the terminal.

I called them right away and the guy answered said it was their mistake and will send me the modem right away, But I refused and asked them to send me another unite. Reasons being the fact that there is a warranty sticker between the Modem and the Unit it self on the bottom. I don't want a new unit with no affective warranty.

So the guy said they will send me another one right away, and told me to send the old unit back with the UPS man when he delivers the new unit to me. He also told me to use the prepaid UPS return slip that is included in the second unit's box. I repacked the unit that does not have a modem and put it away until the new on arrives.

4 days when by and the new unit arrives, I sign and took out the return slip and put it on the first unit andgive the UPS man the first unit to send back.

I open the new unit. This time it has the modem but it was not new. At least it didn't look new and the warranty sticker on the bottom is also broken.

Mad as I am, I hold my self back and I called them again right away and to my surprise this time I was told that they don't have any 3mb version of the Omni with warrant intact from the manufacture. instead there will be one year warranty from them.

But I purchased a new one, i told the guy, and to my surprise the guy tells me that the 3mb version of Omni was intended for Europe and the reason they mark it as new on their website is because the Unit it self is new. (I am confused, what difference does it make even if the 3mb version is intended for Europe market? I ask the guy and got no answer.

So I asked him, if it is new why is the warranty sticker broken? then he tells me the modem is not new. At this point i was very mad, but instead wasting anymore time sending it back and purchasing another one from another merchant I got his name and had him confirm the warranty from them again and that wast the end of it.

I didn't send it back to them is because I didn't want to go on with business without accepting credit cards anymore. (I run a Chinese restaurant by the way)

Time skip, 2 month later

Tonight when I get back from work, I received a letter from Harley Financial services, INC with a charge of 215.73 dollars. ON the letter, it says "This invoice to be credited upon return of the original Unit missing MOdule"

I don't understand whats going on. Didn't they receive the unit i send back with their UPS return slip? How can I find out if they got it or not?

I am going to call them again tomorrow but I need some advice.

Should I call UPS and have them confirm they deliver it? How are they going to know what I am talking about? I don't have any receipt or anything that can help identity the unit that i sent back.

How should I go about this?

Is it even legal for them to advertise the Unit as new if the modem is not? I don't plan on sueing them or anything, Just wants to know and perhaps use it against them when everything goes wrong and I have to get legal help.

If this is a scam, I am sure as hell not to give in to them.

Guys, please help. I need advice fast.

Thanks

You should have written down the tracking # on the return UPS Slip for the unit you sent back. Hopefully you did and you can just goto UPS.com and track that package to ensure that it has been delivered. If you did not write down the tracking # there is nothing you can do that I know of.

You should have written down the tracking # on the return UPS Slip for the unit you sent back. Hopefully you did and you can just goto UPS.com and track that package to ensure that it has been delivered. If you did not write down the tracking # there is nothing you can do that I know of.

Unfortunately I didn't.

But i just called them and the person answered seems to be very nice. And now she is looking in to it for me. I also asked her to find their the tracking numbers through their record because I used the Prepaid shipping label from them.

Lets see what happens now.

All the helps are appreciated.

As I work in a closely related industry where we have some of our customers that frequently use these Verifone machines, I would highly recommend that you just get them from your credit card processor. In some cases they may even let you use them for free, but there is typically a monthly "rental" fee for using them. The benefit is that if you do have a problem with one at any point they are then obligated to repair or replace them quickly, and they are motivated to do it quickly because they make money by you being able to successfully take credit cards in your business.

Don't get me wrong, I typically buy stuff when it is for my own personal use (like my DSL or Cable modem) but for a business situation like this, the small monthly fee is totally worth it to get rid of the potential hassle and possible liability.

Back