• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I WC'ed my 7900GS for a buck 59.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Well, for some reason as of late I've had the itch to WC again, and not only that, go all out with my hardware (thats later on once I have money again).

I currently have a big Panaflo blowing onto my stock HSF for the e2180...in a cold room, it's keeping it in check till my Freeze Pro 7 arrives to replace it. However, I have NOTHING to throw on my 7900GS...looking all around, had a bunch of old AMD heatsinks till it dawned on me. I still have my old WC stuff...

...soooo looking around downstairs, I found my old BIP II, MAZE4, dual floppy bay res and a Danger Den MAGII LE pump - and the best part about it, I had about 2 ~ 3 feet of 7/16ths tubing as well and all my worm clamps. So I'm like, SURE, why not?

I was only able to come up with 3 of the screws for the MAZE4...it uses all 4...so I went ahead of only securing it was 2 of the screws diagonally, used long thick zip ties to hold the rad to my case, mounted the res in a cdrom bay lol. The pump coming right off that pushing down into the MAZE4.

Needless to say I feel like a kid again with my hardware.

Before Air:
Idle: 44C
Load: 70+C

After Water:
Idle: 28C
Load: 32C

I love it!

OH, best part about this...this pump is basically dead...it out of nowhere decided it wanted to vibrate like mad one day so I retired it. Still does now but not nearly as bad...runs great! I do have plans to get a block for my CPU, new pump, etc etc...I'm currently running 1 yate loon med and 1 yate loon low on my rad.

OH, a buck 59 ($1.59) was for the distilled water :D

Last edited:
You my attention.

I do not think that really counts... I got a free 2002 GSX-R 600 for 30 bucks the other day too! I just changed its oil because I have not used it in a few years...

But nice temp drops! :)

bryan d

Back