• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

someone show me how to remove this heatsink!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry to forget mention something, I think they glued the heatsink.

There should be some screws on the back side of the card, they come out.

Undo the four screws and if they did actually glue the heatsink (unlikely) then put the card in your freezer for a while to make the glue more brittle and pry the heatsink off by twisting a flat screwdriver or a butter knife between a piece of plastic like a credit card (to prevent damage) on the card and the heatsink to pry the sink off.

lol @ur friend anibus, Ya i got it off the video card. first I unscrewed the 4's screw then I freeze it in the freezer for like 3 hour, then I use my son library's card to pop it open. Lucky, the thermal's glue they used is not strong as the arctic thermal adhesive, because I had bad experiences with those adhesive.

I used that "freezer method" one time on a video card. Sad to say the ramsinks ripped the ramchips off the card :rolleyes: I never did it again. I use the hair dryer trick now and no casualties :)

I would used the freeze method, and use any thin card to slid it open. Hairdryer and twist method is a little more risky to my tho. Do whatever you prefer as long as it work :)

Another thing you can do is put your card under full load for 10-15 min to heat everything up and soften the TIM/ thermal pads right before you attempt to dismantle.

Back