• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuerotik

Registered
Ok so i'm playing half life 2 and it keeps crashing all my drivers are up to date when it crashes it says "datacache.dll", i cant figure it out for the life of me and its driving me insane any suggestion or if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it let me know so i know what u did to fix it any help or suggestions is appreciated

I had that happen at one point. It was a problem with the engine if I recall correctly.

At the time there was no fix for it. What I had to do was reformat my machine and re-download HL2 to get it to go away.

Goto steam and right click on the games and hit delete local content. Goto your steam folder and delete all game content. Then reinstall/download.

well i tried to delete all the content that didnt work to well so i will try some other options thnx for the help and if anbody comes across something else just let me know

now my computer screen shuts off, but my rig itself is running, i cannot get an image on the screen period, so i am therefore forced to shutdown and restart i have found a lot of other people who have this problem but nobody has the answer

now my computer screen shuts off, but my rig itself is running, i cannot get an image on the screen period, so i am therefore forced to shutdown and restart i have found a lot of other people who have this problem but nobody has the answer

Is this happening in-game or just at the desktop? How are your temps (both cpu and gpu)? Try backing off any overclocks you have and see if it persists. :shrug:

this happens in game sorry i didnt clarify earlier i was so frustrated

ya i did uninstall and reinstall and still nothing, but something did recently dawn on me and that is the power supply im using is older than most dinosaurs, its a 350 watt and only 17 amps and i think with the rig i have it isn't enough power so i will wind up purchasing a new power supply here shortly

Back