• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BlueStacks Keeps crashing!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Hi all,

I am running bluestacks (BS) 5 on the system below, and it keeps crashing. I am playing Mafia City. It crashes every 10 minutes. It seems to be getting worse.
What can I do to fix this problem? I have reset some settings, but seems it is not helping. I do not know how to add more cores to it, but I think even if I do it will not help, it seems to be a RAM issue, but I have plenty of RAM, but BS only allows me 4gb. Is there a way to stop it from crashing? Uninstall it and reinstall? uninstall the game and reinstall it?

Also, I want to copy and paste from pc to BS, but it doesn't work. I can copy out but not in, why? Cntl c/v does not work either. Suggestions?

Ok well everything has been reinstalled, and although the game is now a little faster, it still crashes every 20-30 minutes. Improvements were made, but not nearly enough.

Check your settings, most games only work well in OpenGL, some in DirectX (Vulkan is new). Some will crash regardless because they're just badly optimized :shrug:

Clipboard01.jpg

Some need more memory and will run faster overall, if you have to spare (16gb+), raise the limit to 8192mb or 12248mb, but don't touch cores, in my experience it introduces more problems/instability than it’s worth

Clipboard02.jpg

Check your settings, most games only work well in OpenGL, some in DirectX (Vulkan is new). Some will crash regardless because they're just badly optimized :shrug:

Some need more memory and will run faster overall, if you have to spare (16gb+), raise the limit to 8192mb or 12248mb, but don't touch cores, in my experience it introduces more problems/instability than it’s worth

Why does my interface look a little different from yours? For member, it says, only up to 4096 is supported. I have plenty of RAM on my PC, but I cannot allocate it to BS. I am currently using both slots for my RAM 16GB x 2.

The highest frame rate I can get also is 60, which I have dropped to 40.

As for OpenGl and DirectX I will switch it to direct X and see what happens.

Why does my interface look a little different from yours?
Do you have the latest version? What, exactly, is different?

Is this because you have a 60 hz monitor and it only supports that?

Anyway, I tried to install this app and it BSODs my PC trying to install some app needed to run the games. So, my settings doesn't look anything like that at all, lol.

Why does my interface look a little different from yours? For member, it says, only up to 4096 is supported. I have plenty of RAM on my PC, but I cannot allocate it to BS.

Default installation creates a Nougat-32bit partition which only allows 4gb memory, it's a tad slower, but it's the most commonly used and stable for gaming as far as I know. I used the Multi-Instance Manager to make a Pie-64bit partition instead, faster, can use more memory and as far as I've read, better for more modern apps/games BUT older stuff tends to crash.

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

Enable high frame rate ⇾ disables VSync ⇾ pull frame rate slider all the way to the right

Clipboard04.jpg

Anyway, I tried to install this app and it BSODs my PC trying to install some app needed to run the games. So, my settings doesn't look anything like that at all, lol.
Using 5.11.1.1002 ⇾ It needs Virtualization/Hyper-V ON in BIOS

Yes, I just downloaded it again to re-install and updated it. I wonder if yours is not the latest version. hahahahahaha

I am not sure about my monitor, it is a DELL US$600 monitor, so.. Maybe it is only 60. and that is fine.
Yeah... your settings are different. So I have no idea how to deal with this...

Settings will be different depending on what system you make, Nougat, Pie or Android 11

Back